The end of paper statements Natwest?

Comments

• WillPS
    WillPS Posts: 3,461 Forumite
    Newshound! First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Personally I'm very happy NOT to get paper statements from NatWest. Having recently joined them I was astonished to find their statements are printed sideways on A5 paper with non-standard holes punched in them. Twice the number of sheets you'd get if it was A4 and can't file them without re-punching them. Every other bank I use has sensible formats for statements. Happy to never see NatWest ones again!
    They used to give out binders especially for their statements. I guess they don't do that any more...
  • JuicyJesus
    JuicyJesus Posts: 3,830 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    This is a lovely breach of Treating Customers Fairly IMHO and I'm interested to see how it goes down when the first complaints start hitting FOS.
    urs sinserly,
    ~~joosy jeezus~~
  • SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Carrot007 wrote: »

BTW I have never had an internet statement printed refused as this ID.

I have. When I opened my M&S bank, they even rejected a statement posted to me by the bank as the account was called an "Internet Saver" and they would not accept anything with the word internet on it...
  • Interestingly, both RBS and NatWest were both awarded the "Best Practice Mark of Distinction" by the Keep Me Posted campaign (no, I had not heard of this either) back in 2016. I can't post the link but submitting this to my learned friend, George Oogle, should point you in the right direction:

"keep me posted" rbs
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I haven't received said email ... Every time I log into the internet banking it asks whether I want to switch to paperless, and I click the "No, retain printed statements" option ... I find them useful when ID is required - the old "provide a utilities bill" is no good when utility suppliers are online!
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Personally I'm very happy NOT to get paper statements from NatWest. Having recently joined them I was astonished to find their statements are printed sideways on A5 paper with non-standard holes punched in them. Twice the number of sheets you'd get if it was A4 and can't file them without re-punching them. Every other bank I use has sensible formats for statements. Happy to never see NatWest ones again!

I get my statements on A4 paper.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • My recommendation to anyone hoping to retain paper statements would be to make an official complaint mentioning the "Keep Me Posted" Mark of Distinction if need be. This seems to have worked for me.
  • stclair
    My recommendation to anyone hoping to retain paper statements would be to make an official complaint mentioning the "Keep Me Posted" Mark of Distinction if need be. This seems to have worked for me.

You can keep paper statements by turning them on when you're able to in August.
  • ValiantSon
    ValiantSon Posts: 2,586 Forumite
    stclair wrote: »
    I get my statements on A4 paper.

Really? How have you managed that? NatWest print their statements on non-standard paper that is roughly A5.
  • stclair
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    Really? How have you managed that? NatWest print their statements on non-standard paper that is roughly A5.

Yeah looks like this:

https://www.natwestinternational.com/nw/personal-banking/paperless-example.ashx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family