PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    mattcafc wrote: »
    We are ready to exchange this week.

Doesn't mean everybody else in the chain is.
  • grayfox
    grayfox Posts: 22 Forumite
    Chain free purchase, waiting on the last 4 enquires which were raised two weeks ago and no reply. Estate agent isn't responding and neither is the seller's solicitors, everything was going well up until now. I'm ready to exchange but it's gone all so quiet, what else can be done to put the pressure on the vendor?
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    TamsinC wrote: »
    Some searches back, waiting on LA searches (should be back Monday), waiting for enquiries to be answered and waiting for the darned survey report! It is taking forever to be written up - it's now 9 days since the survey and nothing yet - I've chased twice but getting nowhere - good job we haven't paid for it yet.

Quite likely that more enquiries will need to be raised after the search results are back.

A lot of the surveyors I know won't send out their reports until they have been paid. Presumably you have checked this isn't the case with your surveyors?
  • Surrey_EA
    Surrey_EA Posts: 2,042
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    grayfox wrote: »
    Chain free purchase, waiting on the last 4 enquires which were raised two weeks ago and no reply. Estate agent isn't responding and neither is the seller's solicitors, everything was going well up until now. I'm ready to exchange but it's gone all so quiet, what else can be done to put the pressure on the vendor?

Depending on what the enquiries were, two weeks is not an excessive amount of time to be waiting.
  • Jtotz67
    Jtotz67 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Good god WE HAVE EXCHANGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly never thought it would happen!

:D:beer::rotfl::T
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    edited 6 July 2018 at 11:40AM
    Thought I'd put a new purchase time line up as my sale stress is now transferred to purchase stress!

29/4 offer accepted
    4/5 draft contract received
    9/5 enquiries raised
    31/5 some responses recieved
    25/6 exchanged on Sale!!!! :beer:
    28/6 building survey

5/7 after chasing twice a week for the last month our solicitor finally managed to speak to theirs about the outstanding enquiries. Apparently the vendor didn't respond to the last 3 and their solicitor didnt bother asking again!

We have discovered that our seller, as well as using Purple Bricks is also using their recommended conveyancer Premier Property Lawyers. So we have a double (purple :rotfl:) brick wall to fight our way through!

To be fair to Purple Bricks they now respond to us the same day when we email. This is only since I moaned about them on here and the PB rep intervened for us. Before that their "post sales support" was non existant.

As for the conveyancer, they have ignored around 10 emails from my solicitor and failed to return numerous phone calls. I read up reviews of them online and it filled me with dread! They are shocking! If we dont get some movement soon we will start to view other properties. Infact if something suitable comes up we will pull out without a second thought.

I will never buy a house marketed by purple bricks again!
  • grayfox
    grayfox Posts: 22 Forumite
    Depending on what the enquiries were, two weeks is not an excessive amount of time to be waiting.

Waiting on:
    any planned works

some 3 year account info, no idea what that means

fire assessment

management packs

The flat is leasehold, so I guess the hold up is with the building management company?
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Surrey_EA wrote: »
    Quite likely that more enquiries will need to be raised after the search results are back.

A lot of the surveyors I know won't send out their reports until they have been paid. Presumably you have checked this isn't the case with your surveyors?
    Oh yes - triple checked and triple checked again - should be here by Monday now (apparently)
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • mattcafc
    mattcafc Posts: 64 Forumite
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Doesn't mean everybody else in the chain is.

There is no chain.
  • TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    SG27 wrote: »
    as using Purple Bricks is also using their recommended conveyancer Premier Property Lawyers. So we have a double (purple :rotfl:) brick wall to fight our way through!

To be fair to Purple Bricks they now respond to us the same day when we email. This is only since I moaned about them on here and the PB rep intervened for us. Before that their "post sales support" was non existant.

As for the conveyancer, they have ignored around 10 emails from my solicitor and failed to return numerous phone calls. I read up reviews of them online and it filled me with dread! They are shocking! If we dont get some movement soon we will start to view other properties. Infact if something suitable comes up we will pull out without a second thought.

I will never buy a house marketed by purple bricks again!

Don't shoot yourself in the foot too quickly - we sold with Purple Bricks - refused to use their conveyancers and the house sale completed in 6 weeks. It's their conveyancing service that is complete cr*p.
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport