Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,588 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Show off:rotfl::rotfl:

How do you normally cook it?

I did gammon this week for the first time in ages. Just a small joint. I boiled it with just an onion, carrot, peppercorns and a bayleaf. I sliced the meat and froze it. The stock I made into lentil and veg soup with more onion, leeks, carrots and the red lentils. The meat was a bonus really, I really wanted the soup as the weather's getting colder. It's so much better than made with a stock cube. :)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Show off:rotfl::rotfl:

How do you normally cook it?
    I just usually boil t, but there was a glicht on morrisons website couple of months ago and these you bake in the bag in the oven , they are lush:T:T:T
    maman wrote: »
    I did gammon this week for the first time in ages. Just a small joint. I boiled it with just an onion, carrot, peppercorns and a bayleaf. I sliced the meat and froze it. The stock I made into lentil and veg soup with more onion, leeks, carrots and the red lentils. The meat was a bonus really, I really wanted the soup as the weather's getting colder. It's so much better than made with a stock cube. :)

Do you have to syn the stock though, i am naughty i chuck it:eek::eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    We also had gammon this weekend! Had it cold tonight and still some left for sarnies. Think it's one of the best value meats around after chicken.

Denise
  • maman
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Do you have to syn the stock though, i am naughty i chuck it:eek::eek:

:eek: fancy wasting the stock!

I never syn it. I buy the leanest joint I can find and any fat you can skim off if you put the stock in the fridge.
  • greentiger
    Options
    Evening, all.
    I forgot to WI this morning. I hope I’m not starting a bad habit.

Congratulations, v1ckyt; really well deserved.

I do like a gammon joint. I usually do mine in SC.

I hope my friends with pains get some relief today.

Well, this week has no lunches out – until Sunday (dinner at friends’ house). Today went pretty well.

Breakfast: ½ hexb toast and beans (was some subliminal message sent out today; a few of us had this)
    Snack: Lidl Mister Choc mini bar coffee (5)
    Lunch: hm Scotch Broth. ½ hexb bread (no butter on this nor on breakfast toast), banana
    Dinner: sea bass, pile of green beans, potato stacks (3 + a teeny bit hexa in Parmesan), Light & Free strawberry yogurt
    Snack: caramel rice cake (2 ½ ), part hexa light soft cheese, strawberries

I had bought an electric pressure cooker last November and it always had an issue with the lead not staying in place, so I finally returned it last month and ordered a new one (different make – an Instant Pot this time) which arrived this evening. It’s also bigger than the last one (but not close in size to my old stovetop one, which I may now let go ….. after 40+ years I’m still quite fond of it! I’d been planning to replace my SC and old pressure cooker with this multipurpose version but …. Hope to get to play with the new one soon!
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    greentiger you know you have to syn flavoured yoghurts now, don't you? It's half syn for fat free sugar free yoghurt and 1 syn for fat free with sugar - I think that's right. Didn't really take it in as I always have quark and DH has fat free natural yoghrt which is still free.

Today's plan:

B - weetabix, milk 2 syns
    L - LO carrot and lentil soup
    D - spanish rice 2 syns for chorizo

HEA - milk
    HEB - weetabix
    Syns - 4 as above

Denise
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Oh God Denise, forgot about synning all my yoghurt! However, as I am definitely undersynning, not going to stress too much.

Our consultant had area managers the week before last to review the way she does things. Consequently I am now special:eek: As I have more or less plateaued, albeit at 3 1/2 st, we need to establish what is going wrong, especially as last week I only lost 1/2lb, and while I was very naughty on the Friday (was feeling sorry for myself, on way to opticians & tripped outside, grazed elbows & swollen & grazed knees, but embarrassment overload), I more than pulled it back for the rest of the week, so on a very strict food diary this week, absolutely everything that has passed my lips is listed! I even listed the 2 dates I had last night, one stuffed with a pistachio, the other with dried orange, have listed them on syns, but not sure what value, again, the only other syns I had were cherry yoghurt & an Alpen light, so not an issue. So far, the only thing that I can see that I have done differently is no exercise of any kind & not eaten any bread.:D

Had to be very disciplined on Sunday as only home on Wednesday this week, so had to cook to cover myself, but that all covered. Can't remember who said about seeing King Lear & how to deal with it, I am going to see Dream Girls tonight, so will have a light lunch (have chicken, tomatoes & cucumber), but have also got some of last nights chicken & pasta with mixed veg, so will bung that in microwave about 16:00-16:30 & eat before I leave work. Hopefully that will keep me going, but just in case, I have a packet of Nude popcorn & an Alpen light if I feel the need & also means I have a choice of low synned snack.

Hope all doing well. Hugs.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Well done Vicky, that 8.5lbs loss is brilliant and to succeed that with another loss is something seriously incredible. It's easy to have a big loss and then simply fall off the wagon and have a gain or maintain the next week. Another 3.5lbs is fantastic. Congratulations :)

Weigh-in tonight and I'm actually staying to group for once :o I don't do that very often these days!! Not sure how it's going to go, but I'm looking forward to it. I may not achieve a loss (I had a really bad Saturday) but a maintain would be acceptable and 0.5 to 1lbs off would be awesome. Despite my sabotage Saturday, it's still coming off, I just need to keep this up and I will not only reach my Halloween goal early, but I might even reach target. :o
  • maman
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    Weigh-in tonight and I'm actually staying to group for once :o I don't do that very often these days!! Not sure how it's going to go, but I'm looking forward to it. I may not achieve a loss (I had a really bad Saturday) but a maintain would be acceptable and 0.5 to 1lbs off would be awesome. Despite my sabotage Saturday, it's still coming off, I just need to keep this up and I will not only reach my Halloween goal early, but I might even reach target. :o

Rooting for you tonight Stoke. It may be too soon for Saturday to have caught up yet. You'll get there, hopefully sooner rather than later.:D

I'm out tonight but I've checked online and they still seem to have the same menu. I'll have wine syns but then back on it for a few days (until Saturday).

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix, HEA milk
    L: veggie omelette, ham, pickles
    D: steak, salad, new potatoes
    Syns: midweek wine:o salad dressing?
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,282 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Also routing for you Stoke.
    Did i tell you my cousin lives in Stoke?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure