PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Ended up with Southern Fried chips, beans (Lidl Simply range - surprisingly tasty with lots of sauce - I'm fussy about beans and deff don't like Heinz - too stodgy - usually buy Branston but they are creeping up in price) and Quorn crispy nuggets. Proper kiddy fare on a cold night like this.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• metherer
    metherer Posts: 560 Forumite
    Options
    We have had sausage pasta tonight, with peas and green beans in it. I made double so that we can have it for lunch tomorrow too.
    Not heavily in debt, but still trying to sort things out.
    Baby due July 2018.
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Think I'll use the last of the pulled pork for lunch (better get the last brioche bun out) rather than putting that in the freezer - which seems a little pointless.

This didn't quite happen, I went out for a run and ended up having some cucumber, olives, feta and rice cakes with peanut butter on when I got back. Will deff have to finish the pork tomorrow.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tandoori spiced lamb chops, ratatouille and greek pita
  • Lance_De_Boils
    Options
    Lazy leek and potato soup. Frozen mash, frozen leeks, stock cube and some water. Was going to grate some cheese on top but the frozen cheese had gone mouldy for some reason.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    This didn't quite happen, I went out for a run and ended up having some cucumber, olives, feta and rice cakes with peanut butter on when I got back. Will deff have to finish the pork tomorrow.

No snow on the pavements, Kerri?
    Looking out of my front window, I wouldn't even want to run on the road.
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    No snow on the pavements, Kerri?
    Looking out of my front window, I wouldn't even want to run on the road.

There was a bit in places but quite a lot of it had blown to the sides of been cleared, or was very light. And the rest was mainly untrodden on which made it easier to run on (albeit carefully). Although I certainly wasn't going to be breaking any land speed records....but I'm more a tortoise than a hare anyway :D

I sometimes prefer being out when it's not such great weather, feels like there's more 'space' although I don't live in a city, but I feel less judged by those others who are also out and about if that makes sense? Prob not :o
    JAN NSD 11/16

• hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    I'm fussy about beans and deff don't like Heinz - too stodgy - usually buy Branston but they are creeping up in price)

Same here, not keen on Heinz beans at all - though we really like tesco own brand beans and they're only 32p I think.
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hubby cooked Llama burgers (from the Exotic meat company) with chips and salad.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,692 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Pitta breads, cous cous, piri piri chicken, salad. I also breadcrumbed some halloumi and fried it, very nice. I made hummus, but didn't look at the tin properly and it was butter beans, i realised after opening it, just added a tin of chickpeas and doubled up the lemon, cumin, olive oil and it was really nice.
    Enough leftovers for lunch.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure