Image darker through one eye

2»

Comments

• Update: Yesterday I started seeing thousands of small black dots in the field of the left eye. After returning from the ice rink at midnight I looked at NHS pages and discovered 8 might have retinal detachment, So I rang 111 and was advised to go to A&E ASAP. I waited three hours to see a doctor and was told something was wrong, and I was to go to Southampton Hospital Eye Clinic and get examined by an ophthalmologist. So I went home, got two hours rest, and drove to Southampton where I waited an hour for an examination. The outcome was that I have Posterior Vitreous Detachment whereby the vitreous humour detaches from the retina, but no retinal tearing. Phew. Apparently it is common in older people, especially those with short sight.

Although I waited ages to see doctors, I’m impressed by the NHS, and grateful for the expert attention I received. :T I currently have what look like large numbers of eyelashes projected in front of my left eye, and huge numbers of faint spots, plus flashes of light when in the dark. But I have my sight. PVD is untreatable but not serious.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure