Slimming for Halloween - Slimming World support thread 2018

Comments

• Maintain meh, my week wasn't perfect, but maybe the rest wasn't good enough to make up for the sausage sandwich and bread and butter pudding :p

We stay to group every week, and every now and then we come home and just think wow learnt nothing today :(
    Anyway...I'm going out tomorrow night for a friends 30th so that will be interesting, and I don't have high hopes for next week. The restaurant menu doesn't look very syn friendly, and they do amazing cocktails! haha

Breakfast - toast (HE B) - and Biscoff spread - 4.5 syns
    Lunch - I'm going to make a chilli
    Dinner - we won the raffle last night so maybe that... I dunno I don't really fancy stir fry but do fancy noodles... love noodles!

Oooh maybe I'll make sweet chilli noodles, and remake this chickpea salad my sister did the other day, it was a hello fresh recipe made with marmalade (2syns for a table spoon), chickpeas, lettuce, I'll check the recipe for anything else later ;) but it was AMAZING! But then they are a bit summery, and outside isn't.

I'm pretty much just procrastinating here sorry :P
    anything's possible if you've got enough nerve
    :happyhear
    (Decluttering - 185/2019 //£'s saved - £32.41 /2019 // Lbs lost - 42/102 )
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Reporting in with 1.5 lb off

Thanks Chris ☺
    Vixstar wrote: »
    Reporting in with a totally unexpected but really pleasing 4lb off. Hope it's not due to my running on Thursday morning as that isn't happening every week!

Great losses.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Maintain meh, my week wasn't perfect, but maybe the rest wasn't good enough to make up for the sausage sandwich and bread and butter pudding :p

We stay to group every week, and every now and then we come home and just think wow learnt nothing today :(
    Anyway...I'm going out tomorrow night for a friends 30th so that will be interesting, and I don't have high hopes for next week. The restaurant menu doesn't look very syn friendly, and they do amazing cocktails! haha

Breakfast - toast (HE B) - and Biscoff spread - 4.5 syns
    Lunch - I'm going to make a chilli
    Dinner - we won the raffle last night so maybe that... I dunno I don't really fancy stir fry but do fancy noodles... love noodles!

Oooh maybe I'll make sweet chilli noodles, and remake this chickpea salad my sister did the other day, it was a hello fresh recipe made with marmalade (2syns for a table spoon), chickpeas, lettuce, I'll check the recipe for anything else later ;) but it was AMAZING! But then they are a bit summery, and outside isn't.

I'm pretty much just procrastinating here sorry :P

I'm still eating salads, even at this time of year! That salad sounds good could you post the full recipe please when you get a minute. Thanks.

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all :D
    Beanie, told ya you would lose :D well done:T:T
    Well done to all the other losers too:T:T:T
    Just back from hospital for my leg, got to have an MRI scan, so still a waiting game:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    bubbs wrote: »
    Evening all :D
    Beanie, told ya you would lose :D well done:T:T
    Well done to all the other losers too:T:T:T
    Just back from hospital for my leg, got to have an MRI scan, so still a waiting game:o

Honestly dont know how:o

Hopefully you will not need to wait too long for the MRI.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Oh & bubbs, how is your moving going?

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,917 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    beanielou wrote: »
    Honestly dont know how:o

Hopefully you will not need to wait too long for the MRI.
    beanielou wrote: »
    Oh & bubbs, how is your moving going?

Hope not too long.
    It's going slowly:o this weekend is a big push though:p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2018 at 9:15PM
    So.... bit of an emotional dump here.

Had what feels like a terrible day really. I know compared to most people, it's trivial, but I struggle with the pressures of work a lot and actually, one of the reasons I've had problems on SW in the past is work. It gets very heavy at times and without my ex, I end up feeling very lonely at times.

Yesterday, my car conks out on the way to work. I park it up and get a friend to take me the rest of the way to work. I get back to my car after work and it won't start at all. It's torrential rain and I'm sat in a car that won't budge at all. Luckily, a good mate of mine helps me tow it home.

Get up this morning, car still won't start (obviously, I mean what was I expecting?), so no way of getting to work. Phone in, explain the situation, told I need to try and work from home. Really? It's not easy in my line of work currently. So, I'm trying to work, and handle the fact I have an immobilised 3 Series on my drive which still needs to get me to work on Monday and is no closer to working again.

My dad eventually arrives and we go to a garage, but of course, the car needs towing which is problematic because garages are busy. So the car isn't even getting collected until tomorrow and they won't start on it till Monday and it should be fixed Tuesday.......... and that's assuming it's what they think it is. It could be something else of course..... oh and I've got all the fun with the warranty, because as I'm sure you all know, car warranties are basically just a good way for dealerships to get out of paying for jobs that really should be legitimately covered by your warranty.

Oh, and then I remember I need to be somewhere tomorrow. I've promised I'll be there to support them.....except I now have literally no realistic way of getting there. Even if I did take the train via a taxi or something, I can't get to them. The trains round here don't go that way.

It all got too much for me, I'll admit. It reminded me what I lost, being kind of helpless in my house. My parents are great and I love them, but having that support structure from a significant other :( Not being able to fulfil promises and I think part of my problem still, is that I hate letting people down. It actually scares me in a way. I'm scared of saying No and I'm scared of saying Yes then not doing what I said yes too :( If I let them know I can't make it, they'll be perfectly fine about it, I know they will..... but I won't be. I feel bitterly remorseful and guilty, because I said yes and I'm letting them down.

I felt very alone today though, and stressed. In the past, when I was living with my partner.... today would have gone so differently... and tomorrow. I'd have woken up, she could have dropped me off at the train station, I'd have gone to work and then handled this tomorrow when I was a bit more relaxed and able to think. Then, she would have probably driven me to the place tomorrow because that's what couples do right? :( Heck, it did happen before once or twice..... Amazing what two can do instead of one. Really makes you think :(

Bringing it back round to the topic at hand though, I took my dad to get a coffee and ended up buying this cake.... which is not really like me. I like cake, but it's not my usual go to comfort food. Regardless, within an hour, the entire thing has gone, which proves to me that I still have a really unhealthy relationship with food especially when life gets tough and I struggle with pressure :( And that's despite all my progress. It's almost certainly going to sabotage my progress for target.

So so disappointed with myself. Going to go for a run now. Skipping tea as well, really don't see the point. I'm full..... still..... albeit of cake. I'll start again tomorrow and try put a smile on again.

It's amazing isn't it? It's not the car that matters. That's just a lump of metal. It's everything else that comes crashing down afterwards, right? :(

Sorry for the bitterly miserable post. I know there's so much more bad things going on in the world than a poxy broken down car and I really don't want to ruin your Friday, just needed to vent :(
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Sorry you are feeling so down. Life is s*it at times.

Forgive yourself for the cake, draw the line and get back on it tomorrow. There is still time for damage limitation and you can still get to target this week.

Denise
  • beanielou
    Stoke.
    So sorry that you have had a tough day.
    It is hard sometimes when you are on your own & things happen.
    Not to take from your experience at all but I had a wee wobble earlier in the week too.
    Invited to a civic reception but cant go because I would have to go on my own & drive in the dark.
    So I do get it. I really do.
    Take care :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure