Options

Comments

• shaggydoo
    shaggydoo Posts: 8,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 11 October 2018 at 10:48AM
    Options
    Annie 3/5scary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gif
    Fabrab 4/5 scary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gif
    GreenKaren 3/5scary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gif
    Nicnak 3/5scary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gif

Maggie /4
    Miss P 3/5scary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gif
    Shaggydoo 3/5scary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gif

WBF /4
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • shaggydoo
    edited 11 October 2018 at 10:49AM
    Options
    October 2018

scary%20ghost.gif = 7 Days

smileys-halloween-500315.gif?w=646= 14 Days

autumn_leaf_hello.gif= 21 Days

citrouille28.gif= 28 Days

ZZtree-smiley-emoticon-emoji.gif= 31 Days

smiley_emoticons_saint.gif= Target Reached

2lbkos0.gif= Target Beaten

AnnieG 5/21
    Arkers 7/TFscary%20ghost.gif
    Barney 10/25scary%20ghost.gif

BestLifeNow 6/31

Billy2Shots /21
    CathyBird 8/17scary%20ghost.gif

CuppaTea 4/TF

Dilly /31
    Fabrab 9/30scary%20ghost.gif
    Glenda 10/21scary%20ghost.gif
    GreenKaren 9/31 scary%20ghost.gif
    Honey Bear 9/31scary%20ghost.gif

MaggieM 2/14

Maman 6/10
    Miss P 8/22scary%20ghost.gif
    Nicnak 10/31scary%20ghost.gif

Pricey 2/22

Season of Mist 6/21
    Shaggydoo 8/21scary%20ghost.gif

Sleepymans 5/20

Sukeyboo 5/12

WannaBeeFree 2/10

Please let me know if I've made a mistake!

Everyone Welcome Anytime of the Month!
    What do we do when we fall? We get up, dust ourselves off and start walking in the right direction again. Perhaps when we fall, it is easy to forget there are people along the way who help us stand and walk with us as we get back on track.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 10 October 2018 at 5:38PM
    Options
    Managed to resist free Prosecco at work do yesterday :A

:A:A:A:A:A
    I was a bit stressed last night. Was sorely tempted to buy a bottle of wine, but resisted the urge. However, I was in a bad mood all evening. Poor hubby wished he'd stayed at work :rotfl:
    Honey Bear - thats good news on the scales front :T I always find when I cut down on the wine my sugar intake tends to go up elsewhere so am in awe of anyone that can stop at half a packet of buscuits!

Well done on resisting the urge. I'm sure your DH will forgive you, and at least you didn't drink on top of the stress and then pick an argument (which is what I used to do).

As to not eating the other half, so to speak, I've not managed to cut back on my sugar consumption since I gave up the bozze, so I haven't lost any weight at all, and in fact have been putting it on recently.

I've had two single (ie not consecutive) weeks of being completely sugarfree, but during those my cheese consumption rocketed. I'm really struggling with knowing that I now look stout, which is infuriating. I was always slim until I finally gave up smoking in 2006, lost a bit in 2007, and then put it all back on in a matter of weeks and have never lost it since. I'm not at the heaviest I've ever been, but I'm only 2kg shy of that figure, and it's really pi**ing me off.

Today's victory - I didn't have a total sugarfest at 3.30 pm. Instead I ate four figs, which I need to do every single day or things get difficult. Their sugar content was enough (hurrah!) on top of a bowl of homemade soup (mushroom and chestnut puree since you ask) and a chicken and mayo sandwich as a very late lunch. The test will be tomorrow, when I get back from my voluntary thing early afternoon, knowing that there are four (or possibly even five) chocolate digestives in the biscuit tin left over from a packet bought today for the gas board chaps who fixed a gas leak on the pipe into our house. (They scoffed nearly a whole packet in 10 minutes flat!)

I'm worryingly busy at the moment, worrying because I can't get to what I really, really want to be able to do but am still playing a bit of catch up. If a person drinks to excess for 10 years a lot doesn't get done and when they sober up it's still there, waiting to be worked through.
    shaggydoo wrote: »
    We had exciting job news here yesterday too (not me) and normally I'd have joined in the (alcohol ) celebrations BUT I realised that good news is a trigger for me to drink so I celebrated with decaf tea.

A small victory.

Well done, and I think any change of habit is a big victory, not a small one. It means all things are possible.

Ditto for WBF, by the way, but I can only quote three comments.

Congratulations Annie G on the job front, and good luck with the rest of the recruitment process.

10/31 please, Shaggy.
    Better is good enough.
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    .....which I need to do every single day or things get difficult.
    Feeling this pain at the moment! Change of diet is really clogging things up!

I know what you mean about not liking how you feel about yourself too. I saw a picture of myself holding the wee one on his first birthday back in August and the size of my belly was ridiculous. That picture is the one thing that made me finally want to change for good.

I'm currently in my 6th week with SW and I've lost 1st 8lbs so far. I feel like I'm eating too much food sometimes, but the weight is still coming off!?!?

10/30 and 5/5 SNC please Shaggy
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    It seems I spoke too soon yesterday - travelling for work and I succumbed to a drink to accompany my lonely pub dinner :o. It was only one, but I'm still cross with myself. Not being in my usual routine does not help with MSEness - has a few unnecessary spends too.

So I'm actually at 9/21 and won't declare today AF until I'm safely back home!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

10/31 for me.

bln x
  • sukeyboo
    sukeyboo Posts: 2,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    6/12 for today please Shaggy
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    I've had two single (ie not consecutive) weeks of being completely sugarfree, but during those my cheese consumption rocketed.

Just a thought...have you tried low fat grated cheddar cheese? - nearly everywhere does it these days - Sainsbury's, Tesco and M & S (Davidstow Cornish) - I love it - on top of veg - delish...

3c00a5bd-8a01-4b45-9897-f88577460437.jpg
  • shaggydoo
    Options
    fatrab wrote: »
    I'm currently in my 6th week with SW and I've lost 1st 8lbs so far.

Brilliant :T:T:T:T
  • shaggydoo
    edited 12 October 2018 at 9:15AM
    Options
    Annie 3/5scary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gif
    Fabrab 5/5 scary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gif
    GreenKaren 3/5scary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gif
    Nicnak 3/5scary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gif

Maggie /4
    Miss P 3/5scary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gif
    Shaggydoo 4/5scary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gifscary%20ghost.gif

WBF /4
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure