mortgage chances wrecked?

So i posted the other day, basically first time buyer applied with nationwide for my mortgage. everything went through fine. Then the valuer went out and said they were not prepared to lend on the property because it is opposite an off license shop and this negatively affects the value. I appealed this as the mortgage advisor said he would try and sort it, I knew there was no chance. So yesterday it was confirmed the application is totally declined. taking the advice of people on here, I went to a mortgage broker where I had the initial consultation on saturday to discuss options- they said theyd been in touch with some lenders theyd found safer ones to go to in terms of more lenient lenders when it comes to commercial properties. So today I’ve gone to the broker to make the full application with another lender- DIP was accepted on saturday (before i submitted the appeal for nationwide). Anyways on trying to submit the full mortgage application its been declined my credit score is not good enough. I have no loans or anything - so it is due to the declined application. So now i’m really confused as to what to do- broker said i can go with another lender but it could be declined yet again due to credit score and even if i choose another flat to buy still this could happen. Any advice as to what to do next? Do i risk it and lose money applying to another lender its no cashback etc and charges valuation fees and mortgage broker on top of that to be declined I’ll lose money- or do i just give up and rent somewhere? I have no idea what to do at the moment if someone could please help!

Comments

• foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I doubt it had anything to do with the previous search or your fake credit score - not likely to do with lack of credit history or something else.

Get your 3 credit files and see if there is anything that doesnt match up.

Ignore the scores you see as lenders dont see them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure