PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Gammon and mash for the men (DS returns) and gammon and cauliflower for me :)

Pie :drool: :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm using up some of the meat stripped from Sunday's roast chicken tonight, adding it to some pan fried sliced red onion and chestnut mushrooms, some crushed garlic, a glug of white wine and some double cream. A sort of chicken supreme, I guess. Served with rice.

For puds this week I have made a sponge base topped with raspberries and blueberries set in a raspberry jelly.
  • Something veggie for us today so I will make a savoury cheese, onion and sundried tomato strata (like a bread and butter pudding) and roast some cooked new potatoes with it and a lovely crisp green salad too. I'm making blackberry compote today so pud will be that with some vanilla ice cream (trying to use up freezer stocks) and our usual cup of black coffee.
  • Dinner tonight will be burger in a bun with sweet potato wedges, onion rings, salad and hm coleslaw. Baked peaches with ice cream for pud.
  • creative_gal
    creative_gal Posts: 142 Forumite
    we'll be having fishcakes, oven chips and either peas or green beans- a nice easy tea.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    C_J wrote: »
    I'm using up some of the meat stripped from Sunday's roast chicken tonight, adding it to some pan fried sliced red onion and chestnut mushrooms, some crushed garlic, a glug of white wine and some double cream. A sort of chicken supreme, I guess. Served with rice.

For puds this week I have made a sponge base topped with raspberries and blueberries set in a raspberry jelly.

that all sounds fab, mouth watering :beer:
  • klew356
    Nipped to asda last night as no time yet for the weekly shop, got a pizza (for tonight) and picked up some chicken and veg kebabs, thoughts on what to serve them with on Thursday night please?
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Soup for lunch. Think I'll have fishcakes for tea.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    klew356 wrote: »
    picked up some chicken and veg kebabs, thoughts on what to serve them with on Thursday night please?

How about grilling them and serving in pitta breads which have been filled with salad and dollops of hummous?
  • klew356
    C_J wrote: »
    How about grilling them and serving in pitta breads which have been filled with salad and dollops of hummous?

that sounds delicious, love hummus!:o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure