The Edcawber Principle

Comments

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,458 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 March 2018 at 10:50AM
    She's growing well, but I'd say she's average height for her age. What she lacks in tall, she makes up with sprawl! Example - she came through last night; let me pick her up; sprang into a starfish position smack in the middle of my pillow and went to sleep! :eek: :D :rotfl:

£0.18 paid off a CC, oh the rapture! :p
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    What with the many likely future occurrences of taking a little one back to her own bed, I think a double might be a really good idea :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Love the whole "springing starfish" :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ed~~you have brought back such lovely lovely memories of when my DS was wee.
    Big thanks.
    Cheesy as it sounds cherish every moment.
    People tell you they grow up so fast & they do.They do.
    Doesent always seem like it at the time though :rotfl:
    My DS is a quater of a centuary this year~~so not sure how that happened :(:(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I'm with the others on this, Ed - a double bed is no less long than a single. As a slightly taller than average female I fitted into a single perfectly fine when I came back home from uni.

While I understand the argument in having a double in case of guests, there is every chance DD will expect mummy or daddy to sleep with her as there is space for another one in her bed! Is that a message you want to send out?
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
  • edinburgher
    I never thought about guests - now I think it's an even better idea :D

No financial news to report :(
  • beanielou
    No financial new here either :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• edinburgher
    £0.90 paid off a CC.

Considering buying a limited edition whisky that's getting positive reviews for a resale punt :think:
  • beanielou
    £0.90 paid off a CC.

Considering buying a limited edition whisky that's getting positive reviews for a resale punt :think:

Good idea.

• edinburgher
    £5 paid off a CC (the old Mr M's voucher switcheroo).

Treated us to posh fish and chips for dinner :drool:

Still feeling blue, but I survived a very hard fortnight at work without the senior colleague who I get on well with and put up with the one that I strongly dislike without murdering them. There's always next week ;):D :eek: :rotfl:

I swear to God, if said person says "that's a valid point" one more time in a manner that is muy patronising, I may punch her. I know you daft bism, that's why I said it! :p
  • beanielou
    I occassionaly have to put up with someone like this & it drives me to the point of insanity.Well, at least a couple
    I could feel the tone of my voice changing.
    Some people are sent to try us.
    Love the bism word~~not heard it in ages.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback