PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Comments

• Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hope the RV is ok Mardatha.

Fuddle, I really want to see Mr Pea Shoots face. And I think a weathervane on the shed could be cute.

Nice looking holiday snaps Islandmaid, glad you had a good time.

We borrowed a neighbours dog yesterday for a long walk, good for the neighbour and the dog because she can't walk him for long, good for us because he's adorable :o I think we've started something, a sort of doggy timeshare!
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Softstuff - Dog share sounds like an amazing idea, I miss walking my dog, but don't want the responsibility of owning another one at the moment, borrowing one would be a dream :) Enjoy it :j
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Islandmaid, Millie is in the post. Should be arriving soon.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • monnagran
    edited 25 March 2018 at 1:01PM
    So, it's an hour later than my body clock is shouting at me. I am just about ready for breakfast now and as a great treat I have some boil-in -the-bag killers. Oh thanks tablet. Shall we try keepers. And again... k.I.p.p.e.r.s. Got there!
    One of the great joys of living alone is that I can occasionally indulge in eating something I enjoy but that produces shrieks of outrage from my house mates.

I have been looking on line to see what bungalows are going in my favoured area. Answer? Not a lot. The ones I can afford have something, or lack something, that displeases me. That doesn't sound right, but I've not yet seen anything that I want to go and look at.
    Like kittie I am buying, hopefully for the last time, and it has to be just right or makerightable. Nil desperandum. It will appear in time.

Now I will go and prepare a delicious pair of killers for breakfast.

THOUGHT FOR SUNDAY

You forgive yourself for every failure because you really tried to do the right thing.
    God knows that, and you know it..
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Boiled killers. We shouldn't say that too loud or those folk struggling to find drugs for death row inmates will get ideas.

I dread to think how much it would cost to post a dog, let alone where you'd put the stamps.

Made the worlds worst brownies today. But it's a sign of love that hubby insists he'll finish them. Sugar free, dairy free and low carb. They taste like they sound. Still, there's plenty of recipes on t'internet, they can't all be bad.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • monnagran
    Softstuff wrote: »
    Boiled killers. We shouldn't say that too loud or those folk struggling to find drugs for death row inmates will get ideas.

I dread to think how much it would cost to post a dog, let alone where you'd put the stamps.

Made the worlds worst brownies today. But it's a sign of love that hubby insists he'll finish them. Sugar free, dairy free and low carb. They taste like they sound. Still, there's plenty of recipes on t'internet, they can't all be bad.

Dog tastefully wrapped in several acres of brown paper and secured with 200 yards of parcel tape. Stamps go between the eyes.

Brownies? Sugar free? dairy free? low carb? Sounds like chocolate flavoured water biscuits. Give that man a medal.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 25 March 2018 at 12:18PM
    Monna space made for Millie, hope she has been prewarned about our 4 Ninja cats.... another reason I wouldn't dare get another dog, the poor pup would pack up and leave :(

Roast beef from the freezer stash and all the trimmings, with HM Crema Catalana, now where did I get that idea :T

Back to work tomorrow - I don't want to go, please don't make me.... :(
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • :eek: Millie has been let loose on the postal service? I don't think they'll ever be the same.

Mar, I hope the RV rallies today.

We ended up with rain yesterday, but it is very sunny today. I've put the indoor pots outside to get a bit of extra sun and an extra deep drink of water. As soon as I've finished chores it is back onto sewing this afternoon.

Hugs to all who need them.
  • Cocketts
    Cocketts Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Fuds:
    I think you should get one of those 'mooning' garden gnomes, making sure, of course, that the relevant part is pointing towards Mr Pea Seedling!!!
    Everything will be alright in the end - and if it's not alright, it's not the end ........
  • monnagran
    Islandmaid, I think you are mistaking Millie for a dog that cares. On the whole she is a pretty laid back character. Postmen are her friends. If a bloke wearing a mask, striped jersey and carrying a sack marked 'SWAG' crept in in the middle of the night, Millie would greet him with wagging tail, wriggles of ecstasy and a toy monkey in her mouth in anticipation of a game of tug of war.
    Three things arouse the killer instinct in moi chien. I'm typing very quietly in case she hears. Birds, horses and, most loathed of all, CATS. Ninja cats? HUH!

FairyP. I think I'm moving in with you. The kindly care you give your plants tells me that you would look after me really well. I would be thrilled to be sat outside in the sun, although unless it rains Elderflower Presse in your neck of the woods, you can forget about the drink.
    I have an orchid that I have had for 6 years. It thrives on neglect and being shown the cold water tap at irregular intervals. I lack the dedication to nurture potplants. The boys christened my kitchen windowsill "Death Row" when they were growing up.
    You are an altogether much worthier person than me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family