Wow thats a bargain in spoons SA!!!

Hope you got a loss today xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,099
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Happy days - I lost 1.5lbs :j

The GKs have been and gone. GD was sick in the drive :( She's started getting travel sick. DS had to hose it down made a right mess. Had to lend her one of my tops to go home in - washed her top but it wasn't dry in time. Everyone was laughing that my top wasn't that big on her and she's only 4 :)

Mr SA has been very confused today, not one of his better days I'm afraid.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £227.29/£600 March NSD:9 March Surveys £
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    Forgot to say saw a bizarre sight today locally - two blokes sitting on a wall chatting and they both had those false metal legs with trainers on the end (both legs!!) one of them had taken one of his off and it was just standing there on its own :eek:
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    Happy Sunday folks :)

Already up and about and finances have been done. Not a lot left in the pot to last until payday and will have to take some money out of next month's budget for the last few days of it but as there's no council tax next month this won't through February's budget out. Should all be plain sailing from February onwards - in theory at least.

Progress towards goals w/e 20 January:

Get back to goal weight by end January 1.5lbs/4lbs. Still 2.5 to go, can't imagine I'll achieve this as last week's 1lb gain put a fly in the ointment, but another loss next week would be fab.

Exercise sessions 4/4 this week: Treadmill Monday, Yoga Tuesday, Pilates Wednesday, Cross trainer Friday. I'm also on day 7 of the 30 abs challenge - this is a free app on my phone, 30 Day Fitness Challenge -a few adverts on it but I just scroll past them. I chose abs as this is the area I think I need to concentrate on, there are other challenges on it though.

Average 20,000 steps a day - will know tomorrow what my average is when Fitbit sends the report. Last week it was 18,055 hoping to smash that target this week.

Alcohol free days 6/12 - 3 this week. On target with this one :)

Now for the finance side:

Debt £1570 - no payments this week, won't be any more until payday, aiming to pay off the £570 oddment. Needs to be cleared by end March.

Tesco card = £0. Cleared the week's spending off it this morning.

Holiday = £1034. Will pay a chunk off on payday. This needs to be cleared by end March.

VSP = £91.46. Added £9.46 this week. On target to be at £100 by the end of the month.

Emergency fund = £3266.50. Had to take a chunk out for vet's bill and fridge freezer. Will start building this back up again from April's payday onwards.

Plans for today are go to Aldi, take the dog for a couple of walks, meal plan for next week, clean the house, make my soup for work lunches and do day 7 of the abs challenge.

Hope everyone enjoys their day :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    You have a good day too :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    You've got everything worked out nicely SA.

I hope Mr SA is having a better day today as well.

Re your weight loss though can I ask a question? If your 4 year old DGD is only finding your tops only slightly too big, why do you need to lose weight?:rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    SSG because I am so small boned every excess pound shows up on me. Years ago my doctor told me that unfortunately I need to hover at the bottom end of the healthy weight range for my height :(

It was a small top though :)

Did well in Aldi, picked up two reduced Christmas beer sets £2.49 each - one for Mr SA, one for DS. I thought Mr SA wouldn't want to wait until next Christmas for his but he said put it away. Then he said that's if I'm still here next Christmas. So I replied well if you're not I'll give it to DS, don't worry it won't go to waste :rotfl: He's been saying this for 5 years now I don't take any notice.

Have made a veg soup for work lunches from the latest WW mag plus a spicy veg stew from the pullout in the Mail yesterday for tonight's dinner. Mr SA and DD have got roast chicken. Mr SA wanted his with chips :eek:. I wouldn't let him, he's got roast potatoes, veg and Yorkshire puds just like DD. Honestly he would eat chips with everything.

The Smonday feeling is creeping up on me :(
  • Sounds like a productive weekend. Hope next week is a good one for you too Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Forumite
    Just have to say that the spicy veg stew was beautiful :) Mr SA loved his roast chicken dinner too and was glad he didn't ruin it by having chips with it :)

Now Mr SA is stressing about the holiday as the place we're staying at isn't scooter friendly. We're taking his wheelchair, all our favourite bars/restaurants are either next door or across a very narrow road. I can't see a problem to be honest.

Will be glad when the London trip on Tuesday is over, not looking forward to getting up at 3.30 :eek: Typical that the only train that will get me there for 8am is the slow one that takes 2 hours instead of the usual 1.5 hours. Work will pay for a taxi to the station plus a coffee and water etc I won't be out of pocket.

We seem to have got some sort of medical programme on right now, don't know what it is. Honestly Mr SA is obsessed with them :eek:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    How does Mr SA find all the medical programmes?

That is way too early to be up SA :eek: xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback