Munchin's Marvellous Debt Busting Diary

Comments

• Hi Munchin - well done from me as well on the weight loss and hope pup is on the mend.

If you watched Martins programme you must have seen please-let-me-be-lucky. She has a long running diary on this board and her and her husband were interviewed as she wanted to thank Martin for all his advice in clearing their debt. Their story is very inspirational.
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • kindofagilr
    kindofagilr Posts: 6,825 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Munchin wrote: »

So things as you can tell have been busy and I've been out with friends and for coffee a few times. Spends for that have been quite minimal but I'm still down to squeaky times again :o - I'm YNAB broke not reality broke.

LOL YNAB broke :) that's me too :rotfl:
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

Asda Savings - £0

POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

~ Emergency Savings: £0

My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi all

SSG - thank you, I just hunted down her diary and have now subscribed. She came across as so amazing but I didn't realise she had a diary

Kind- YNAB keeps me almost on track :o

HHD - weigh in day tmw…..so hope I have another 2 off but will settle for 1....star time. Poorly pup has recovered and we are going to park today and then a run tmw. A friend told me about a 5k waggy race on the beach in March and pup and I are discussing it :)

I am on leave today, Mon & next Friday :). I'm using up leave before I lose it but I usually save leave for Jan as it is so miserable but I have to say I'm having a good month. My old running buddies dragged me out this week and I've been running with them twice. They know that I have had a few changes in my life and have welcomed me back into the fold and have just been so wonderfully supportive. I think in some ways with ex OH depression I started cutting things out of my life without realising it and now it's all creeping back in again and it's made me realise the wonderful friends I have :).

I run with the pup on a Sat round our local forest with only a few people seeing me and was dreading running in work with so much weight on but no one cared especially me, once I got into the swing of it.

Wee sister is popping up after work to dye my hair today and I've an appt at 9.30 to get my hair cut - mini pampering session. I have lots of tidying to do & I discovered a damp patch on the hall carpet yesterday, so I'm going to investigate.....it could be pup but I think it's more likely a radiator leak but at least if it was pup it would be cheaper.

Very little money spent this week basically because I have none :o. The haircut today will be £10 + £2 tip and that is it on the spends front. No other spendy plans this weekend but it could all change.

I will finally get round to catching up on diaryland this weekend.
  • The waggy race sounds fun:D.

It's great that your running mates are motivating you to run more often. I think it's likely that your weight gain was due to comfort eating because of your situation with ex OH? I predict your weight will start to come down now you are back in control of your life.

Enjoy your January leave, I agree that it's a good time to take it.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • I love the sound of the waggyvrace too! Pup will have to go into training!:rotfl:

I agree with Hairy re the comfort eating. Good friends are precious - I'm glad mine were still around for me after I finished with my last partner some years ago.

Enjoy the mini-pampering session and have a good weekend.
    🌟
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Sounds like you've got a lot of positive things going on, Munchin. Glad pup is feeling better too :)
  • Munchin
    Hi all

Thank you for your lovely comments and I agree that probably the situation I was in led to a lot of comfort eating but I'm out the other side and I have another 1lb off, so 8lb off in 3 weeks :D. I'm going to check out and see if MSE has a weightloss thread to try and keep me accountable. I'm happy counting calories and don't want to go back to a proper club but just need a bit of encouragement.

My Ipod has died, it is at least 12 years old and it is coming up as corrupted. I've been busy on google trying to find a fix but nothing so far. I do have another mp3 player that just has a radio but I do like walking and running with podcasts (also can't find the charger for the other mp3 player...it's in a safe place somewhere !!!). If all else fails I will bring in the powers of my wee brother who is a bit of a whizz with these things but then again he is gadget mad and has the latest everything and will be stunned when I hand over my prized relic to him :o.

Not a lot of plans today - taking pup for walk and visiting my sister.

Money front - I have £15 in the budget this week for groceries (big shop done), £30 in car budget, and £25 in beauty budget. I went to make carrot and lentil soup for lunch today and a few days next week and I have no lentils. I'm not driving to Asda (7 miles away) for a bag of lentils. I will pick some up tomorrow (when I'm going past it) and make do with raiding the freezer for lunch today.

I guess I better get back to Ipod fix suggestions.
  • Munchin
    edited 23 January 2019 at 9:35AM
    Weekly spends - w/c 21st January 2019 - £15:)

Mon - NSD
    Tues - 'loaned' nephew £5 (yes I know I will never see it again :))
    Wed -
    Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun -
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Good idea on looking for a dieting thread on MSE. There's bounds to be quite a few!

Shame about your iPod. My own one is ancient! It's not till things go wrong with one's tech that you realise how much you rely on them!

Have a good week Munchin.
    🌟
  • Munchin
    Afternoon all,

Pup and I are mainly having a day inside as the weather is atrocious - we were out for a quick walk in between the showers and hailstones.

I found the 'Weight loss the Old style Way Part 11' thread and I managed to join at the start of their new challenge. This week I lost -1 lb which I'm pleased with as I had such a wobble last week. In total I have lost -9 lb and 45lb to go. I'm looking forward to when I can say I'm in the 30 odd lbs to go and then 20 odd etc.

Thank goodness tomorrow is pay day :). I know I probably say it every year but hopefully I will have enough of a buffer this time next year not to worry about the 100 days of January :o. Looking forward to moving money into savings and making a payment to my debts. This past week I had lots of NSDs but that was probably due to the lack of money :o. I don't really have any plans this week that involve spending money...hopefully.

Tonight nephew no 2 is staying over as his Mum is working and I think we are going to watch a film and then early to bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure