NST Join In January 2019 - In With The New

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for managing a run, for bumping into a neighbour for the first time this year, for dd getting plenty of sleep, for giving dd's old bike to some neighbours and then discovering dd and her friend (the big sister of the girl we gave the bike to) having such fun riding the tiny -to them - bike, for Father Brown recordings, for finally watching the Cmas bake off, for acquiring another nsd (they have been quite scarce this month), for finishing the knitting part of the stripey knitting, for still having another day of the weekend.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Robi90
    Robi90 Posts: 101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Spend free days (NSD’s) – Still on 8/10!

Make plans for the month –As planned I went to the cinema today with my mum. She bought the tickets and i got the snacks.

Always pay your debts first – Sent £5 to my MBNA CC.

New To You Mum just gave me a dress that doesn't fit her and it still has the tag on!

Always be grateful

1. Feeling loads better so I'll be able to get back into exercising next week
    2. Quality time with mum
    3. A relaxing Saturday
    [STRIKE]£799 - FD Personal Loan[/STRIKE] :beer:[STRIKE]£500/ £500 FD Overdraft[/STRIKE] :beer: [STRIKE]£5700/£5700 MBNA credit card[/STRIKE]:beer:
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi Turtles

NSDs – Aiming for 10 as am going away on 22nd for a few days (Christmas treat) : still 11/10 as a spend day today

Make plans for the month – Planned visit to Barcelona later in the month. Rail ticket & plane already paid for. No more plans as yet...hols next week. no more plans yet.

Always pay your debts first
    – No debts but do use a cc which is paid in full every month...need to rein this in, spending has been frightful of late..CC paid off in full, now need to make sure it doesn't rack up to those levels this month. No spends today. Going to restart PAD payments to try & get cc balance down. Will check out TCB as I have ££ in there I meant to get out for Christmas - then forgot, doh! Will get DH to look at TCB to see the most cost effective way to withdraw cash.

List your frogs – Started another very large frog this week, but am pleased with progress. (Clearing bedroom). Done some frogs from list, now need to list more as plenty still to get to grips with...did another 15 mins on bedroom last night & aim to do same tonight. More progress on bedroom frog, also on kitchen frog. BUT massive frog of clearing out fridge still not done. Must do tomorrow, no excuses, please hold me to account. Shamefully, I haven't yet done it!! Tomorrow, honest I will.

Little Savings – Not much savings to be had today but will check what I have in TCB. No spends though. no savings today.

Chill out – working on this. Always read before sleeping but sometimes counterproductive as I want to keep reading, then can't sleep! Also have been continuing with my complex knitting, can now do whilst watching tv....also needles came today for next very big project..More of the complex knitting, it's really looking like a pattern now, getting to grips with it before I tackle the really big project. And did some FH today as well. Chilled out with the papers for a short time this afternoon. Also did some gardening & planted some (very late) bulbs. Still more to do, want to get them in before I go away & before the big freeze forecast.

Helping others Yet again gave DD some lunch here & then something to take into work.

Always be gratefulGrateful for today:

- fresh air & time in the garden

- beautiful perfume from the shrub outside, pink flowers.

- finding some useful items for next weeks hol so I don't have to buy them

New to You found pair of boots I'd forgotten about.

Get involved I'm here!

Exercise Outside with dogs, some planting & pruning in the garden.

Sort it out – Need to do this & will be eating from stuffed freezers & cupboards for January. Failed to find inventory of freezer that I wrote the other week, but it must be around somewhere! Intended to make lasagne with the leftover bolognaise, only to find no lasagne sheets...had to use cannelloni, my how fiddly those things are.. still it used up some more supplies..

GO Turtles!!!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Morning Turtles :D
    Apologies for my extended absence - I was a bit more poorly than I thought I was. I've ended up pretty much sleeping for the past 3 days and not doing a lot else. I've been completely floored with bronchitis. I'm still not great today but about a million times better than I was.
    However, while I've been ill there's been less than nothing getting done in life and I have loads of catching up to do today, including housework, money saving things, prepping work for next week and visiting my mam for some tlc. So I'm going to be a busy bunny as long as my health allows. I've already decided to break it into smaller and more manageable chunks - so I have a huge list of things I need to do and will do them in between more fun stuff, like catching up on here and my crochet.
    I will be back later but am going to make a start.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Today will be NSD 15 - I am not going out, so there! Well, I might go for a walk, but no shops.

Child wrangling and making them all do their homework, so an annoying, frustrating day of grumpiness and repeating myself.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    I shall be joining f0xh0les is the repetitive comments to children all day long about homework. I will, however, be spending - a small click and collect order from A5da (gaining £8 cashback from tcb along the way:T) and a trip into A1di for juice. Not until later though - we literally cannot drive out onto the main road as it's the local half marathon so roads are closed until 11.

The rest of my day will involve repetitive housework... sigh.... Have promised the boys a treat if homework is finished this afternoon - not looking likely at the mo!!!
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Shrewbie
    Shrewbie Posts: 712 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Hi all!

Having caught up on the forum congrats to CCL on the divorce and hope everyone is doing well.

Spend free days (NSD’s) – currently on 9 as went out charity shop shopping and didn’t even buy anything. First for me.

Make plans for the month – Just a poker night next week and that’s it.

Always pay your debts first – I have all debts paid off and bar any emergencies this should be the first month in my 32 years that I’ve managed to save anything at all.

List your frogs – First, finding a new apartment, proving to be a big ugly toad that.

Little Savings – as I said this month I will have savings for the first time ever. First ting on the list is my EF fund of 2k. I don’t need to pay my student loan this year as it’s based on last year’s income (minimal) so I’ll be saving the money that would have paid to that. (and in case I need to pay it next year)

Chill out – Have been taking time to read before bed.

Helping others – prepped a meal for my boyf. actually 2 meals!

Always be grateful – for a lie in on Fridays and taking the day at my own pace, for a walk around in the sunshine today, For BF bringing me a hot water bottle and an ice cream on the sofa yesterday, and for catching up on the forum posts. Oh and for my home made granola which makes life way easier r.e. brekkie in the morning.

New to You – This year I am also going to do a spend fast (thanks Robi 90 for alerting me to that phrase - did you coin it?) I am only going to buy clothes second hand this year (apart from underwear)

Get involved – I need to post on here more regularly. It really helps me to stay focused.

Exercise – Need to do better with this.
    Sort it out – used up some veg today that was looking a bit manky.

Enjoy the rest of your sunday turtles
    Student loan £5849
    House deposit €18K/€40k
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    ccl - glad to hear you are on the mend.

lauren - how annoying about the wine.

Can't remember if I posted yesterday, this weekend has been very busy. Ran yesterday morning then in the afternoon nipped into town and got a handbag and a gorgeous jumper from a charity shop. The jumper was not needed but the bag was as mine is looking very shabby. Later in the day I whiled away some time on ebay and ended up spending more money on a sports bra.

Cycled this morning then prepped tea, made chana masala, made a quiche for DH's lunch tomorrow and Tuesday, walked the dog in the woods, chalk painted another piece of furniture. Almost got through the day without spending then went to collect DD from her shift at the CS and ended up with an oil drizzling bottle which was on my list of things I needed, very useful when doing wedges etc - £2 paid for that.

Will try harder next week particularly as we have hardly any spend budget left.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    NSDs - 5

Make plans for the month

Always pay your debts first yep

List your frogs 22 completed.

Little savings - £1.94 cashed out of tcb in a Tesc0 voucher so £5 transferred to hol fund as a result :)

Chill out – even if it’s only 15 minutes a day Easy Sunday.

Helping others ––

Always be grateful write down three things you are grateful for. Unexpected visit from my mum, unexpected gift from my mum, snuggling with a snuffly DS3, yummy food, A1di caramel choc

New to You My mum gave me a smellies gift set she'd bought in the sales - more nice toiletries :T (I gave her 2 boxes of my bargainacious 25p Oats0 S1mple :D)

Get involved –check in Yep

Exercise Would like to average 10k steps/ day over the month Managed 12.5k yesterday - goes some way to making up for my 5.5k so far today!

Sort it out food cupboards and stores. NOW DONE!!!!

Spends (for my benefit to keep track)
    * Food - 268 (includes some things for students + gpig food stuff) + Tesc0 15/1 + 17/1
    * Bdays/Xmas - 10.70
    * House - 110.32 (includes bathroom scales, WM repair+ some things for students + DIY)
    * Toiletries - 1.52
    * Children - 18.25 (inc new calc for DS2 + Chimp book for DS3)
    * Grrrrrr - 35.00 - penalty notice received by OH
    * Social - 78.45 (nand0s)
    * Travel - 84.20 (parking + fuel)
    * Self-care - 66.50 (barbers OH, DS1 + DS2, my hair, my eyebrows)
    * Clothing - 11.00 (DS1 PJs)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Hugs to those in need of them.
    NSD today - 15/20. Did use loyalty points to some a couple of treats.
    Walk in the park.
    Grateful for:
    Dealing with some frogs.
    Afternoon nap.
    Having treats.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income