Dishwasher - Very cloudy items after wash

We have a new Whirlpool (The previous Neff was binned after asking for it's 4th heat pump in less than 3 years).

All good for the first month. Now suddenly all dishes are cloudy, and I mean cloudy. Very cloudy. You can clearly see the white scum. Limescale? Or salty?

Has salt in. Has a decent wash tablet. Help, because at the moment we're using a lot of vinegar to get the stuff and then washing by hand.

Comments

• Rinse aid?
    Filter needs cleaning? Mine needs cleaning about once a month.

Items need a quick rinse beforehand?
    No longer a spouse, or trailing, but MSE won't allow me to change my username...
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    +1 for rinse aid.

And also check the instructions to see how the rinse aid is metered - there is often a dial you can use to change the amount dispensed per wash. It might need to be increased if the rinse aid compartment is not empty.
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Read the instruction book that was provided.
    Set the salt level according to the hardness of your water.
    Adjust the rinse aid.
  • MoneyMate
    MoneyMate Posts: 3,224
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Smi1er wrote: »
    We have a new Whirlpool (The previous Neff was binned after asking for it's 4th heat pump in less than 3 years).

All good for the first month. Now suddenly all dishes are cloudy, and I mean cloudy. Very cloudy. You can clearly see the white scum. Limescale? Or salty?

Has salt in. Has a decent wash tablet. Help, because at the moment we're using a lot of vinegar to get the stuff and then washing by hand.

Strange after 1 month, is it the type of Granular salt you are using, certainly sounds like hard water, is the machine rinsing OK.
    Hope you get it sorted soon :beer:
    There are more questions than answers :shhh: :silenced:
    WARNING ! May go silent for unfriendly replies
    Please excuse me Spell it MOST times :o
    :)
    :A UK Resident :A
  • Fire_Fox
    Fire_Fox Posts: 26,026
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Another vote for working through the maintenance and troubleshooting in the manual.

Also read the instructions on the dishwasher tablets, rinse aid, dishwasher cleaner. Are you using the right wash temperature/ programme type or length for each product?
    Declutterbug-in-progress.⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️⭐️
  • As said might need a good clean and filters. I find using washing machine salt helps. I also have a program that washes the machine I just use white distilled vinegar in
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure