Three choices in life; Give up, Give in or Give all you've got!!

Comments

• Thanks everyone :A. I thought I heard her miaowing yesterday as I walked upstairs and I had a wee bit of a wobble, but I feel better today. I know it was the right thing to do.

DS2 had to have an emergency dentist appointment at lunchtime as he’s broken a tooth :(. Thank goodness it’s a baby tooth, but it has to come out. He’s being referred to the dental hospital as he’s very nervous so they will knock him out to do it. Something else to worry about :(.
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,257 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Yes, it was for the best.
    Hold on to that thought xx

Poor DS.
    Hope he does not have to wait too long.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    So sad about your cat but at least she's had a good long life with you. We get too fond of our fur babies and when we lose them it's upsetting xx
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • CCW007
    CCW007 Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi Lucky, have recently read through your diary and wanted to say how inspirational it is and you are. I really don't know how you cope and stay so positive and up-beat.

Sorry to hear about your cat, it's very hard to have to make that decision but you know you did the right thing.
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,852 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Just to say I'm thinking about you, and sending positive thoughts your way. XX
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • I hope you feel a bit better soon about losing your cat, it's sad losing a pet.

I'm sure DH will be fine having his tooth out. DS2 needed some milk teeth out years ago because his mouth was crowded and had to have a general anaesthaetic because he was too much of a wriggler to have a local. I was worried but he was fine :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Hi lucky hope you are all ok - just sending love xx

Paid off all Catalogues 10.10.2014
  • beanielou wrote: »
    Yes, it was for the best.
    Hold on to that thought xx

Poor DS.
    Hope he does not have to wait too long.
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    So sad about your cat but at least she's had a good long life with you. We get too fond of our fur babies and when we lose them it's upsetting xx
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Just to say I'm thinking about you, and sending positive thoughts your way. XX

Thanks all :A Xx
  • CCW007 wrote: »
    Hi Lucky, have recently read through your diary and wanted to say how inspirational it is and you are. I really don't know how you cope and stay so positive and up-beat.

Sorry to hear about your cat, it's very hard to have to make that decision but you know you did the right thing.

Wow CCW007, can’t believe you read it all. Thank you for your lovely comments. It always amazes me that people think I’m inspirational, I never feel that way!!

Hope you will stick around and keep posting Xx
  • I hope you feel a bit better soon about losing your cat, it's sad losing a pet.

I'm sure DH will be fine having his tooth out. DS2 needed some milk teeth out years ago because his mouth was crowded and had to have a general anaesthaetic because he was too much of a wriggler to have a local. I was worried but he was fine :).

DS2 had a filling last year and it didn’t go very well. It’s freaked him out and he was very nervous about going through anything similar. I think it will be better that he’s knocked out to have it done. He had an operation on his eye at 6 months so I know it will be harder for me waiting while it’s done than him having it done, but I’d rather that.
    Hi lucky hope you are all ok - just sending love xx

Thanks Sparky, right back at ya Xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills