Struggling with debt? Ask a debt adviser a question

Comments

• Rochdale_Guy
    Rochdale_Guy Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    Thanks.

I am out at work from 7.30am until 6.30pm Monday to Fridays so can't phone up and update my details. I have to do it online, have this problem each year.
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,825 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Thanks.

I am out at work from 7.30am until 6.30pm Monday to Fridays so can't phone up and update my details. I have to do it online, have this problem each year.

They are open Saturday mornings.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Rochdale_Guy
    As far as I know, NOT for existing clients on a DMP.
  • Former_StepChange_Richard
    Former_StepChange_Richard Posts: 119 Organisation Representative
    Hi there

I'll send you a private message so I can take your details and see if there's any alternatives for you.

If you can find the time during a lunch break that would be best though so we can discuss the situation with you.

Many thanks,

Richard.

As far as I know, NOT for existing clients on a DMP.
    I work as a debt advisor for StepChange Debt Charity and have specific permission from Martin to post on these boards to try and help those in debt. Read more information on StepChange Debt Charity in the Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help article. If you find you're struggling with debt and you need further help try our online advice facility Debt Remedy.

Don't be afraid of getting debt advice. We'll help you take one more step towards getting help with your debt.
  • Rochdale_Guy
    PM sent, thank you.
  • Hello, I am currently
    On a dro with stepchange, it was granted about 2/3 weeks ago. One of my debts was a credit card with capital one, they have issued me a default notice today, I'm now panicking as to what is going to happen? As it's very confusing, it states no action will be taken whilst I'm on the dro yet it also states the company intends to take the above action on it after 28 days, above it , it states terminate credit agreement etc. Then it says no sum of money is required???? What does this mean it throws in if we take you to court and get a judgement you may have to pay the judgement fees?? I'm so scared and not sure what to do?
    Be taken whilst the dro is active,
  • StepChange_Allen
    StepChange_Allen Posts: 352 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello, I am currently
    On a dro with stepchange, it was granted about 2/3 weeks ago. One of my debts was a credit card with capital one, they have issued me a default notice today, I'm now panicking as to what is going to happen? As it's very confusing, it states no action will be taken whilst I'm on the dro yet it also states the company intends to take the above action on it after 28 days, above it , it states terminate credit agreement etc. Then it says no sum of money is required???? What does this mean it throws in if we take you to court and get a judgement you may have to pay the judgement fees?? I'm so scared and not sure what to do?
    Be taken whilst the dro is active,

Hi there

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

I can understand that it'd be worrying to receive a letter like this, however there's no need to be alarmed. Creditors can't get a CCJ against you or add any fees on when a DRO is in place. You also don't need to contact any creditors that went into your DRO and can disregard this letter.

If you'd like any further reassurance and explanation of why the letter may have been sent, you can call our DRO team that dealt with your application and they'll be able to explain in more detail.

I hope this is okay.

Allen
    I work as a debt advisor for StepChange Debt Charity and have specific permission from Martin to post on these boards to try and help those in debt. Read more information on StepChange Debt Charity in the Debt Problems: What to do and where to get help article. If you find you're struggling with debt and you need further help try our online advice facility Debt Remedy.

Don't be afraid of getting debt advice. We'll help you take one more step towards getting help with your debt.
  • Rochdale_Guy
    New PM sent, not happy.
  • Hi,

I've replied to your private message.

Thanks

Linsi

New PM sent, not happy.
  • Rochdale_Guy
    Just banging my head against a brick wall, one step forward, two steps back - getting nowhere.

:wall:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport