Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 4th Apr 18, 5:09 PM
    • 15,280Posts
    • 14,369Thanks
    sourcrates
    Please report spam
    • 4th Apr 18, 5:09 PM
    Please report spam 4th Apr 18 at 5:09 PM
    Can i just remind everyone, if you see an obvious post, then please, click on the REPORT SPAM button on that post.

The less spam, the more help we can give to people.

Thanks.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 04-04-2018 at 7:46 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see : http://legalbeagles.info/
Page 1
    • Ilona
    • By Ilona 12th Apr 18, 9:33 PM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 7,326 Thanks
    Ilona
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:33 PM
    • 12th Apr 18, 9:33 PM
    I've reported five spams on the Loans board 20 minutes ago. Nothing happening yet.

Ilona
    I love second hand furniture that other people have thrown out. I wear other people's second hand clothes. I eat out of date (yellow sticker) food, and I love skip diving. My brilliant life on a pension.
    • MallyGirl
    • By MallyGirl 13th Apr 18, 3:30 PM
    • 2,957 Posts
    • 7,959 Thanks
    MallyGirl
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:30 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 3:30 PM
    Sadly there is so much of it arriving at the moment that it takes a while to process the deluge
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-free Wannabe, Loans & Credit Cards boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • Ilona
    • By Ilona 13th Apr 18, 5:54 PM
    • 2,127 Posts
    • 7,326 Thanks
    Ilona
    • 13th Apr 18, 5:54 PM
    • 13th Apr 18, 5:54 PM
    Deluge is the right word, I am constantly bombarded with it on the blog.

Ilona
    I love second hand furniture that other people have thrown out. I wear other people's second hand clothes. I eat out of date (yellow sticker) food, and I love skip diving. My brilliant life on a pension.
    • onedaysomeday
    • By onedaysomeday 19th Apr 18, 5:58 PM
    • 560 Posts
    • 818 Thanks
    onedaysomeday
    • 19th Apr 18, 5:58 PM
    • 19th Apr 18, 5:58 PM
    Am I being blind when I can't see how to do this??
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 19th Apr 18, 8:37 PM
    • 15,280 Posts
    • 14,369 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 19th Apr 18, 8:37 PM
    • 19th Apr 18, 8:37 PM
    Am I being blind when I can't see how to do this??
    Originally posted by onedaysomeday
    Just press the spam button, may not show if your on some types of mobile.
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

• onedaysomeday
    • By onedaysomeday 19th Apr 18, 8:53 PM
    • 560 Posts
    • 818 Thanks
    onedaysomeday
    • 19th Apr 18, 8:53 PM
    • 19th Apr 18, 8:53 PM
    It doesn't show when I'm on the pc either :/
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want
    • actd
    • By actd 23rd Apr 18, 12:10 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    actd
    • 23rd Apr 18, 12:10 PM
    • 23rd Apr 18, 12:10 PM
    Not a spam, but I've just done a google search and an advert popped up with an advert for "amazing - Martin's new venture helps British families earn a second income" (with a picture of Martin Lewis, so no doubt it's claiming to be from him) - I presume this isn't endorsed by him at all.

Link is:

Edit - link doesn't work, but I have a screenshot if needed.
    Last edited by sourcrates; 23-04-2018 at 12:20 PM. Reason: removed spam link
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 23rd Apr 18, 12:16 PM
    • 3,137 Posts
    • 3,245 Thanks
    LadyDee
    • 23rd Apr 18, 12:16 PM
    • 23rd Apr 18, 12:16 PM
    Martin is taking legal action against Facebook concerning fake endorsements, so perhaps that will encourage Google to be a little more proactive.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 23rd Apr 18, 12:21 PM
    • 15,280 Posts
    • 14,369 Thanks
    sourcrates
    Not a spam, but I've just done a google search and an advert popped up with an advert for "amazing - Martin's new venture helps British families earn a second income" (with a picture of Martin Lewis, so no doubt it's claiming to be from him) - I presume this isn't endorsed by him at all.

Link is:

Edit - link doesn't work, but I have a screenshot if needed.
    Originally posted by actd
    Please do not post or quote spam links, as it just feeds the fire.

Thanks.

• MoneyGeoff
    • By MoneyGeoff 23rd Apr 18, 7:13 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    MoneyGeoff
    Martin is taking legal action against Facebook concerning fake endorsements
    Originally posted by LadyDee
    Hope he wins. It's particularly irritating that Facebook keep saying we simply need to report posts and they will remove them. So we need to sit around scouring millions of Facebook posts for malicious content? Unpaid? As Martin himself says:

Facebook need to police Facebook

Oh wait, what was the topic again? We need to police MSE...
    • actd
    • By actd 24th Apr 18, 8:49 AM
    • 19 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    actd
    Please do not post or quote spam links, as it just feeds the fire.

Thanks.
    Originally posted by sourcrates
    My apologies - it was my intention to just bring it to attention, I certainly don't want to propogate it further. This ad seemed to be all over my google search results, until I blocked it. I presume this is a separate issue to Martin's FB case, though when he wins that, maybe other advert providers will take note
    • Poor_Single_lady
    • By Poor_Single_lady 1st May 18, 10:56 PM
    • 1,451 Posts
    • 5,617 Thanks
    Poor_Single_lady
    We have more spam. Repeat offender. diary and wannabee
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 1st May 18, 11:40 PM
    • 15,280 Posts
    • 14,369 Thanks
    sourcrates
    We have more spam. Repeat offender. diary and wannabee
    Originally posted by Poor_Single_lady
    Dealt with

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

443Posts Today

4,976Users online

Martin's Twitter