Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GingerMum
    • By GingerMum 29th Mar 18, 5:27 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    GingerMum
    CMS and debt variation
    • 29th Mar 18, 5:27 PM
    CMS and debt variation 29th Mar 18 at 5:27 PM
    After much research, I have discovered I can tell the CMS about a joint secured loan my ex has been paying for since I left the family home which they can consider in calculating his payments.
    My question is, do they take the yearly payment from his annual income and work out CM payments on that?
    Or do they split the loan payment 50/50 and reduce my entitlement by that?
    Not an amicable situation we're in! I am trying to do everything fairly but so far no CM received so I will take that as me having paid my share till now!
    Thank you
Page 1
    • Sambella
    • By Sambella 29th Mar 18, 10:29 PM
    • 377 Posts
    • 378 Thanks
    Sambella
    • 29th Mar 18, 10:29 PM
    • 29th Mar 18, 10:29 PM
    It is the yearly repayments that are deducted from gross so the reduction would be small.

However. They also look at what the debt is for. For example if you bought a car jointly but he is the one who is driving the car and you have no use of it then he would not get a reduction.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,138Posts Today

8,632Users online

Martin's Twitter