Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • daveybenno
    • By daveybenno 29th Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    daveybenno
    Payments backdated on payrise?
    • 29th Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    Payments backdated on payrise? 29th Mar 18 at 11:56 AM
    Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help? My annual review is due early April and my wage has increased over the 25% (a few months ago) due to a job change.

I will be telling them this, so I know my payments will increase, but will this then get backdated to when my salary changed or just to the beginning of the anual review as the wording on the annual reveiew letter is not clear enough...it uses words like 'may'.

It does say in bold that if you don't tell us you may be prosecuted and it may be backdated to the change which seems to suggest that when I do tell them it will be backdated to the annual review only.

Just trying to get an idea before I have to ring them.

Thanks in advance!
Page 1
    • Round The Bend
    • By Round The Bend 22nd Apr 18, 5:15 PM
    • 272 Posts
    • 191 Thanks
    Round The Bend
    • 22nd Apr 18, 5:15 PM
    • 22nd Apr 18, 5:15 PM
    Technically, back to when your salary changed, as you were legally obliged to inform them of the change in income, when it occurred, being that it was by more than 25%. Morally also, this would be the correct outcome. Being the CMS, however, it is possible that they may just backdate it to the annual review, due to sheer incompetence, something that they are notorious for, as you will see if you do some reading around.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,138Posts Today

8,632Users online

Martin's Twitter