Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • maryroberts
    • By maryroberts 27th Mar 18, 9:39 PM
    • 260Posts
    • 256Thanks
    maryroberts
    Auto Enrolment - fairly new company
    • 27th Mar 18, 9:39 PM
    Auto Enrolment - fairly new company 27th Mar 18 at 9:39 PM
    My husband started a new job a month ago - it's a fairly new company (offshoot of a parent company) - according to Companies House it was incorporated in Aug 2017. So far there has been no mention of a workplace pension. There is nothing on his payslip and also no PAYE ref on the payslip so we can't check the online calculator to see the date on which they should roll out auto enrolment. There are about 3 other employees, earning more than 10,000 - husband is 57.

Please can anyone advise whether, as a new company, they have a time limit in order to organise auto enrolment? I've asked husband to try & find out info but they don't seem to be particularly forthcoming with information so I'm trying to find out what I can online.
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 27th Mar 18, 9:46 PM
    • 59,829 Posts
    • 53,182 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 27th Mar 18, 9:46 PM
    • 27th Mar 18, 9:46 PM
    How long has the Company been trading. Could simply be something that is in the process of being addressed.
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • maryroberts
    • By maryroberts 27th Mar 18, 9:57 PM
    • 260 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    maryroberts
    • 27th Mar 18, 9:57 PM
    • 27th Mar 18, 9:57 PM
    I'm not exactly sure - around December I think, possibly before then. The parent company has been trading for years. Maybe I'm just being impatient as his former employer was very efficient and provided pension details as soon as he started (but they weren't a new company!)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,909Posts Today

8,422Users online

Martin's Twitter