Moved House

This weekend I failed the Vodafone credit check due to moving house.

I moved in February 2016 and have therefore not been in the house for the required three years. I was at my old address for 30 years but when I sold the property it was demolished to build two properties. The house name therefore does not appear in the post code.

Has anyone else experience this issue and perhaps found a workaround.

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    I have never heard of any requirement that Vodafone require 3 years residence at your current address. I imagine that they are asking for previous address details if you have lived at your current address for less than 3 years,
    Your previous address should appear in the address history and Electoral roll history on your credit files. Did your old house not have a number?
  • The house had just a name and no number.

In the "refusing" email, I was asked to run an Experian check. I did this and came up with a 999 rating.
    I supplied the same information as I did to Vodafone, but also an additional series of questions on Income and Cards I hold.
    I've had the same issue both in-store and on-line.
  • Ignore the made up score and look at the data on your files.

Maybe you just didn't fit their customer criteria.

In which case, try another provider
  • As I want to use an Apple watch I only have the choice of two. EE and Vodafone
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    As I want to use an Apple watch I only have the choice of two. EE and Vodafone

Use an Apple watch, you mean buy 1 right ?

Why not try EE then ?

Buy 1 outright or buy an Android smart watch.
  • johnbrothers
    johnbrothers Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 18 December 2018 at 10:49AM
    I've bought the watch and just now need a contract. Both EE and Vodafone have the three year residency rule that I've have fallen foul of.
  • You only need to provide 3 years of address history - not 3 years at your current address
  • True, but my previous house has been knocked down and the address no longer exists in the database.
  • What is listed on your credit files as your previous address? Use that, exactly as it appears there.
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    I have a feeling that the problem is that when the OP enters the postcode of his former address on the Vodafone website it brings up a list of house numbers in the street which correspond to that postcode but not the name of his previous house which had no number.
    The only suggestion I could make is to try to enter the address manually or call Vodafone for advice if this is not possible. Perhaps apply for the SIM by phone and let the person that you are talking to resolve the problem themselves if they can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure