Stash Busting 2018 - I WILL use my mountains of craft stash before buying more!

Comments

• magical
    magical Posts: 894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good afternoon. I!!!8217;ve been slacking. Still trying to finish off my sewing machine cover I!!!8217;ve been making forever. I did make two cards though which brings my total to 11/35. I haven!!!8217;t brought anything new either. Just need to get my mojo back and some energy
    Comping for christmas x
    Thankyou to all posters:D
  • nimbo
    nimbo Posts: 3,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I!!!8217;ve had a bit of a cop out day today. I!!!8217;ve polished a brass mirror frame it took ages and my hands are still seized in the shape of claws. Haha.

I managed to dig out some gloves so my hands don!!!8217;t smell too badly of brasso.

I have high hopes I!!!8217;ll hang some mirrors tomorrow.

I!!!8217;m adding one to my total. I have such high hopes that one day I will manage to actually make some thing...

Stashbuster - 2014 98/100 - 2015 175/200 - 2016 501 / 500 2017 - 200 / 500 2018 3 / 500
    :T:T
  • bit_by_bit
    bit_by_bit Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi All,

You must all be busy busting your stashes.

Finally I can enter my first stash busting offering. I made a skirt from curtains I bought form a CS ages ago for a wedding. Oddly I have never made a skirt. I have made three wedding dresses, two evening gowns and lots of curtains over the years.

The crochet project has been ongoing but I got bored. I am instead making some travel bags for two neices who are going to Spain and then Cyprus as they follow their forces father. They are 'busy bags' with drawing, fuzzy felt, easy games and a magnetic board. Will post when complete.
    Wife, mother, gardener, nurse, Big C survivor. Officially retired at 55 2021 [/b][/b].Mortgage free April 2021Challenges 2024: Decluttering Campaign 32/100 bags plus 0 large items. Make £2024 in 2024#8 £0/£2024 Using my craft stash 0/52 Reading books 0/52 Donations for the CS/washing done from others (in and outs) in 2024 x 10 bags and 0 large items.
  • craftingmad
    craftingmad Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hi everyone,

I sort of lost my way for a while but I'm back on track now and have not bought any craft supplies so far this month at all. Not even spent 50p on anything despite gong into a few crafts shops with my mum. I'm so impressed with myself!!! :) I've also tidied my craft room and got a huge pile to destash so I'm feeling good :)

I know I've made lots in the time I've been away but I didn't keep track so I'm declaring a further 47 items towards my total for the items I have made in July so far :)

These makes includes lots of mini seed packs, motivational magnets, sticker sheets, a wooden photo frame, wool wrapped letters spelling love (from a kit I've had ages), birthday cards, a relaxation galaxy jar and a few frames.

So that takes my total to 340/700 (48.5% towards my total for the year) :)

How's everyone else getting on?
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • craftingmad
    Hi all, I've still not bought any craft goodies - that is most certainly a record for me. I even tuned into one of the craft channels the other day and was tempted at all :j :j :j

I'm just popping in to declare a further one make which was an angel in my pocket keyring made for an order I received.

That now takes me to 341/700 - 48% of my target completed :)

I'm feeling inspired to make something for me today so I'll hopefully be back later to declare something else towards my target :)

Hope your all busy creating xxx
    Mortgage - £2338.07 BTL 1 £51,089.10 BTL 2 £81,504.52 BTL 3 £77,497.02 No Craft Spending in 2023 0/365 Stash Busting Challenge 2023 0/2023 [COLOR
  • rosie51
    rosie51 Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Feed up with my new puppy chewing her leads and harnesses, i cut the plastic fitting bits off. Used fabric from and webbing
    had in my stash and made a new lead and harness. Saved a few pounds. So declaring 2 more makes.
    2020 Stash makes/destash 61/150
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi,please could I join? I tend to be a practical crafter,making things for my home and family with the least expense.I knit,crochet and sew.I enjoy hand sewing the most.I estimate about 28 weeks left of this year so I will aim for 28 makes.

This week I will finish a knitted throw in gold tones for my living room.
     :
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Blanket finished plus tassels to the corners.

I have almost finished a childs jumper for charity shoe box appeal. I don't understand the pattern for the neck so will have to take it to my Mum to decipher.

I have started a gold Christmas Tree skirt,made from a fancy pillow sham I had been given. I will have to buy some gold bias to finish it off.That's the trouble with using up the stash,you never have every thing needed to finish a piece off. I will buy the bias,have some left and that adds to the stash!

I have also sewn a patch on my daughters jacket and altered the sleeves on a blouse I bought from the charity shop.I know that's not stash but I feel its a job out of the way.

I have also been given 2 lovely balls of baby wool.

1/28
     :
  • craftingmad
    Hi everyone, just popping in to declare a further 5 items made. My son made two birthday cards for a joint birthday party he attended over the weekend and I've made an angel keyring, a bag of love and a scrabble tile frame for orders :)

I can't believe I've gone 22 days without buying any stash. I'm so proud of myself :j:j:j

So my total now stands at 346/700 (or 49% if like me you love percentages - so close to half way there)
  • rosie51
    rosie51 Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Welcome, very friendly bunch on here.
    2020 Stash makes/destash 61/150
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts