Pepper money? Anyone have any experience good or bad please

Comments

• Hi just an update, mortgage advisor rang to ask if i was aware off solicitor fees that i will be liable to pay for Pepper. Pepper had asked if we were aware of this, i wasnt as we have instructed our own solicitor but its fine i just didnt realise but its not an issue. So i asked if they have requested anything else from us she said no they havent so shes just waiting for the underwriting to look over everything and will have an update on Tuesday hopefully. Does this mean it should go to valuation? And how long does this take or can take? So nervous and on edge lol the wait is driving me crazy :rotfl:
  • Hi just a quick update....got a phone call from my broker to say the valuation has been booked for next wk:rotfl:
    Oh i just pray for everything to be okay and pray we get an offer :eek: cnt believe how stressful it all is, hopefully nearly there now:j
  • Guerillatoker
    Guerillatoker Posts: 625 Forumite
    edited 20 February 2019 at 1:01PM
    Happyme7 wrote: »
    Hi just an update, mortgage advisor rang to ask if i was aware off solicitor fees that i will be liable to pay for Pepper. Pepper had asked if we were aware of this, i wasnt as we have instructed our own solicitor but its fine i just didnt realise but its not an issue. So i asked if they have requested anything else from us she said no they havent so shes just waiting for the underwriting to look over everything and will have an update on Tuesday hopefully. Does this mean it should go to valuation? And how long does this take or can take? So nervous and on edge lol the wait is driving me crazy :rotfl:

I noticed it in the text of my AIP - neither my broker or Pepper have mentioned it otherwise. Hoping that I might be able to use my perceived ignorance to get a cheeky discount at the other end, though I doubt I will have much success!

In terms of valuation, it shouldn't take them too long. Once they had got all my personal circumstances properly understood the valuation only took another couple of days, though it has been down valued and I am currently on the 3rd working day since challenging the valuation. Should get a response re: my challenge today.
  • Awh got my fingers crossed for you! Have you instructed a solicitor yet? I have chose one and they sent me out a pack and they have been ringing me for me to send it in along with payment but im holding off until i get an offer (fingers crossed if i get an offer!)
    My valuation has been booked for a wk tomorrow!
    I wonder how long the solicitors searches usually take because if i get an offer im hoping to get things moving pretty quick if i can !
    You'l have to let me know how you get on with yours!
    And thanks for replying :)
  • Ako26
    Ako26 Posts: 64 Forumite
    My searches were done beginning of Dec and we didn't complete until Feb, I didn't see these searches till a few days before completion. Valuation wise we got our after a couple of days and had no issues. Local searches won't be ordered u til you pay the solicitor but again I didn't pay this till I had my offer.
  • HappyMe, are you sure you've not had your mortgage offer yet? If Pepper at the valuation stage then I'm pretty certain they will have sent you this by now. I'm sure that's what happened with myself.

I know I did the same in regards to my solicitor though, I only paid them when I received the offer from Pepper. But it did take my solicitors ages to go through the process and a couple of bits did crop up on the survey.
  • Jasonhand, no I havent had my offer yet will it come through the post? I thought u wud have to wait until they have done the valuation? Omg im so excited just wish it cud be all sorted seems like its taking soo long :j
  • Ako26
    Ako26 Posts: 64 Forumite
    I think the same just checking back I got my offer subject to valuation, my advisor was amazing and kept me fully informed. My survey came back with a value price higher than what we paid and no issues but still took 3.5 months from then 😩😩😩
  • ACG
    ACG Posts: 23,713 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've helped Parliament
    You only get your Mortgage offer once the valuation has been carried out, returned to pepper and assessed by the underwriter.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Oh really how come it took that long after getting your offer? Was it down to solicitors? I was hoping to complete within 4 wks after receiving the offer but im guessing its going to take longer than that:eek::rotfl:
    I think my advisor did say its now down to valuation so im hoping everything ive sent in has been accepted but now subject to valuation :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback