Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Comments

• Hello, I'm back from travels and on a catch up. So sorry to hear about your cousin. Another reminder to enjoy the time we have. Re the compact purchase, do you ever go through tcb and use click and collect?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Hi Seaside, just wanted to stop by to say hello. I've been reading your whole diary over the last couple of weeks and finally finished! I think it's inspiring to see you so dedicated to giving yourself a good retirement, while still enjoying yourself :)

Although I'm still a fair bit away from retirement, it keeps reminding me that i need to get my head around the whole concept of pensions. I've spent the last 8 years or so paying into one, but with no idea of what any of it actually means. So, this year will be the year that I sort it!

Hope you've had a nice week. Jo
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Echoed. Hope youre having a good week x
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Hello SSG hope it's being busy that's kept you away and nothing else.

I agree I can't be busy all week in the evenings anymore it wipes me out. Even being out for the day at weekend , means I need a quiet day the day after.

Enjoy the sunshine today x
    Hope your week has been more sedate ;)

We have sunshine here....rather nice start to the day :), hope its the same for you x
    Hello, I'm back from travels and on a catch up. So sorry to hear about your cousin. Another reminder to enjoy the time we have. Re the compact purchase, do you ever go through tcb and use click and collect?

I'm finally back! Thanks everyone for your lovely comments! Been having a bit of a mare at work and also with my ipad again so have been off the boards for a bit.

Glad to see you are back inod - must catch up on your diary. I haven't used the click and collect yet on tcb - that's something I should look into. I have paid for my compact via HoF gift card- would I still get the tcb cashback for this?
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    JoJoC wrote: »
    Hi Seaside, just wanted to stop by to say hello. I've been reading your whole diary over the last couple of weeks and finally finished! I think it's inspiring to see you so dedicated to giving yourself a good retirement, while still enjoying yourself :)

Although I'm still a fair bit away from retirement, it keeps reminding me that i need to get my head around the whole concept of pensions. I've spent the last 8 years or so paying into one, but with no idea of what any of it actually means. So, this year will be the year that I sort it!

Hope you've had a nice week. Jo

Hi there JoJo!:wave: So pleased to hear that you've enjoyed my diary. Funnily enough your own is one that I've been meaning to read as I've read your posts on other diaries so I will make a point of popping over and getting down to it!

It's such a good idea to get to grips with your pension now rather than later like me! The posters on the Pensions board are really helpful and knowledgeable too if you have any problems. I've finally confirmed with one of my pension providers that my transfer from them to my workplace pension will take place at the end of next week! So two down now and one to go! It's seems to have been going on forever!

I've not updated my diary for over a week now! Work has been absolutely draining and debilitating. I am finding that things done via the new systems at work seem to take twice as long as before and we keep having problems with it. I've been working some late nights and have basically been getting at home and having early nights. I've also had a complete breakdown when it comes to food. Haven't been making my lunches and hitting Pret (also for coffees). Also takeaways in the evening for dinner!:( I MUST get back on the MSE wagon!

I'm also rather scared on getting on the scales as I'm sure I've put on weight!:(

Accordingly, at least I haven't been spending on going out. Apart from food expenditure above, extra spends have been flowers for my cousin's funeral and a few taxis from the station in the evenings.

I've topped up my more expensive make-up (including the nice Clinique compact - thank you SA!) with my HoF gift cards and still have about £35 left.

Nothing at all on PA but tbh I haven't been checking it enough due to lack of time and effort. Still waiting for my Opinium cheque!

I've got my nails tonight and on Saturday my friend is having a "Royal Wedding Soiree" at her home so we can all watch it and have nibbles and drinks!

Signing off for now as I'm in work and got to get back to the ball and chain! Will catch up with diaries tonight.

SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Glad to see you posting, sorry to hear work is a bit bothersome at the minute , I can certainly identify with that.

I am going to a Royal Wedding afternoon tea on Saturday, the soir!e sounds very agreeable.

Have a good few days , hope things calm down work wise .
  • I hope work becomes less exhausting, it's very frustrating when new systems work worse than previous ones :mad:.

Don't beat yourself up about your eating, it's really hard to be good when you're tired out and under stress. You'll be able to eat better when things calm down at work.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • you still get cashback when you pay by voucher
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,278 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    I was just about to ask you if you'd bought the Clinique compact. I got a Rimmel version of it from Savers today for just £3.48. The compact itself isn't a patch on the Clinique one (no mirror) but I'm willing to give it a try for the vast price difference. Will let you know how I get on with it.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi SS

Playing catch up on the all the diaries this morning. I think 'draining and debilitating' best sums up my work at the moment as well, so I sympathise. I hope it all improves for you soon :).

Comfort eating is a necessity at times so the weight on the scales doesn't count ;)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback