• Mse March round up.

Everyday spends
    Grocery: £178.12/£200
    Household goods: £94.26/£100
    Spending money: £97.57£100
    Eating out: £60.57/£100
    Stuff I'll forget: £60.57/£100

Mortgage
    Mop pot: £1014.49 (due to taking £950 out of the offset pot when refixing our deal)
    Start of month balance: £33,884.37
    End of month balance: £32,635.94
    Mfw 2018 challenge (Feb amount) £1014.49/£210
    Mfw 2018 challenge (2018 amount)
    £1428.15/£630

13 step plan (pay off/offset mortgage of £34,000 in 29 months
    Month 29
    Step 1: £1364.06/£11,600
    Step 2 Emergency fund: £2000/£2000
    Step 3: Wage storage (ynab month ahead buffer) £356.38/£2300
    Step 4: 0
    Step 5: New house Bills increase: £100/£2900
    Step 6: 0
    Step 7: 0
    Step 8: 0
    Step 9: 0
    Step 10: 0
    Step 11: 0
    Step 12: commercial clean of old and new properties: £1/£375
    Step 13: p

1p a day challenge: £119.15

Net worth Calculation
    Mortgage-offset savings = -30,178.55
    Number of months left in '29 month challenge': 28
    On track?: Yes.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    wishingthemortgaheaway Posts: 2,536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 March 2018 at 9:00PM
    mse April Goals

1) Mop Pot
    (Will break down when mortgage interest is known)

2) 13 Step plan funding
    return off set pot to pre new fix level 0/£542.62

3) nsds
    0/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    0/30

5) use the debit card
    0/20

6) save the £2 coins (update monthly)

7) get in size 14 jeans (update monthly)
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Great totals Wish, you'll be MF before you know it:j

Hope you're little one is feeling a bit brighter. Have a lovely Easter xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • pinkypig wrote: »
    Great totals Wish, you'll be MF before you know it:j

Hope you're little one is feeling a bit brighter. Have a lovely Easter xx

Thanks Pinky, I hope so, I've had a lot of easy wins this month though, additional hours from work, tax rebate, surplus from council tax ynab pot. Moving forward it's not going to be as easy, especially as my potential for supply is limited this month.

Pickle is feeling much better thank you. Praise the Lord for antibiotics provided by the NHS. he's eaten better today and didn't wake up from his nap coughing horrifically.
  • Fantastic progress this month and amazing determination on reducing the number of mortgage payments left, great plans :T
  • Fantastic progress this month and amazing determination on reducing the number of mortgage payments left, great plans :T

Thank you ETE I hope that my plans become reality. I'm hoping so.

A few small spends today, but nothing drastic. Tomorrow should be a nsd, after all, it is Easter Sunday and all the shops are shut.
    I'm pretty sure all the direct debits will go out on Tuesday this month, then the start of next week is my official bank account switch.
    I do need to add another goal to my monthly goals and that's using my new account debit card 20 times in a month to get the £5 reward. So I'll go back and edit that now. Happy Easter everyone.

Wish.
  • It's finally April, despite the fact I've already been spending April's budget. But today was nsd of April number 1.
    I ynab transferred the cash I had left in my purse from March into STEP3, have done 2 days of the 1p per day challenge and tilly tidied the everyday spends pots to make them nice and round.

Church this morning - all age service which I help to lead, not easy when hubby's working elsewhere and Pickle doesn't like to stay in one place. Traditional roast lamb for dinner, didn't last long with Pickle around, but three portions put in tubs in the freezer for the next couple of weeks while hubby is away.
    I made 'manchets' for pudding, little medieval sweet, enriched dough rolls (otherwise known as doughballs) and served it with a simple chocolate dipping sauce. They went down a treat too. I may hit the chocolate eggs later, but so far they are still all in tact. I also finally managed to get the sourdough cracker recipe to work today and I think I may ditch crisps in favour of them. Need to experiment with making some salt and vinegar flavour ones if I mm going to do that.

Washing was dried on the line, just needs putting away now.

Bits and bond of tidying and sorting to do tonight. And hubby has requested some brownie & lemon drizzle cake to go away with him next week, so I need to do more baking.

It's meant to tip it down tomorrow, which means our plans are all up in the air, we were hoping for a trip to an airport
    Viewing park to play on the play park and watch the planes, doesn't look likely now though.

Ho hum. Onwards & downwards.

mse April Goals

1) Mop Pot
    (Will break down when mortgage interest is known)
    £2.26/???

2) 13 Step plan funding
    return off set pot to pre new fix level £148.50/£542.62

3) nsds
    1/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    2/30

5) use the debit card
    0/20

• And that, Ladies & Gentlemen is Easter weekend over for another year. Weather has been pants, no snow here just constant rain all day. It feels a little bit like a wasted day really as we haven't really achieved anything. Brunch out this morning and a co5stc0 trip. So not a nsd, but not too bad. I used my new current account debit card for the first time. (I need to use it 20 times a month to get a £5 reward. Once I've done that, everything then goes on the new reward credit card - 1000 points = a £10 voucher - this is going to take a while!

In better mse news:
    The mortgage interest has been added: £68.78 in a 31 day month and before the new slightly cheaper fixed rate started yesterday. So daily interest down to £2.22 a day - next stop sub £2 a day. I'll finalise my mop pot targets tomorrow when the new mortgage payment goes out, can't remember how much it is exactly, and can't be bothered to dig the paperwork out again!
    Also, due to changing my mobile tariff my mobile bill today was less than £6. I'm looking at around £15 a month going forward (a saving of £16 a month) so, this month's surplus has been mostly sent to STEP3, but a little tily Tidy to the mop pot and I've adjusted the May budget going forward. (Actually going to put money aside each month for car nots and repairs rather than relying on the surplus from some of my annual bills plots)

Finally, had a bit of a to do with the landline provider who had a 'data integrity issue' with the 'order' I did a couple of weeks ago, so haven't been able to pay my line rental saver. Should be sorted by Thursday though, so I can get that paid.

Hubby leaving tomorrow for a 10 day job, hoping to keep spends down while he's away.

Shattered tonight, so cleaner proofing the house is about as much as I think I'll get done.
    Sleep well everyone.

Wish.

mse April Goals

1) Mop Pot
    £3.11/£68.78 (interest added on 1st April)

2) 13 Step plan funding
    return off set pot to pre new fix level £175.62/£542.62

3) nsds
    1/16

4) 1p a day challenge
    4/30

5) use the debit card
    1/20

• Silence101
    Silence101 Posts: 396 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    We put £15/week aside for mot,tax and insurance. It!!!8217;s about £60/month, but £15/week seemed psychologically more achievable! We have been able to just squirrel it away and use wages to pay for it recently, but when I first met Mr S, there was a lot of stress trying to find the money, because he had to pay all 3 just after Christmas and he never used to save it up during the year. Now we have it ready if needed.
  • Silence101 wrote: »
    We put £15/week aside for mot,tax and insurance. It!!!8217;s about £60/month, but £15/week seemed psychologically more achievable! We have been able to just squirrel it away and use wages to pay for it recently, but when I first met Mr S, there was a lot of stress trying to find the money, because he had to pay all 3 just after Christmas and he never used to save it up during the year. Now we have it ready if needed.

Thanks Silence, I do put aside for insurance, breakdown & tax each month, but service, mots and 'when it goes wrong' has previously been a bit ad hoc, that will be changing.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure