We've made some changed to Competitions Time. Please see this thread.

Call from Magic Cash Vault!!!

Comments

• liamell
    liamell Posts: 2,903
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thankyou all. I genuinely mean this, your kindness means a lot to me xxx

The tears have subsided now. Just a dreadful feeling in my gut that is refusing to leave :(

I am hoping this post will at least help others like me that didn’t realise you are still entered in every draw xx fingers crossed for somebody else.

This phone call was at 4.25. Withheld number :)
  • tinker15
    tinker15 Posts: 1,393
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I heard your call yesterday and was absolutely devastated for you. Everything crossed that something super special comes your way in the near future.
    Comping from May 2012 :D

Thank you to all that post & contribute, I think you are wonderful, I could not achieve without your help :)
  • cutey1983
    cutey1983 Posts: 274
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 21 June 2019 at 8:54AM
    I can only imagine how you’re feeling, liamell. I didn’t realise you’re still entered from prior calls either. Hopefully, a bigger prize will soon come your way x

Neither did I until recently when I started listening to Magic when the lucky entrant calls are made. The presenter mentions every time after each call that all entries get rolled over regardless of whether there is a winner. This means that statistically we have a much higher chance of winning Bank of Magic than Cash Register and Cash Dash if we enter the maximum amount of times every day! :-)
  • cutey1983
    cutey1983 Posts: 274
    Forumite
    edited 21 June 2019 at 8:53AM
    liamell wrote: »
    Thankyou all. I genuinely mean this, your kindness means a lot to me xxx

The tears have subsided now. Just a dreadful feeling in my gut that is refusing to leave :(

I am hoping this post will at least help others like me that didn’t realise you are still entered in every draw xx fingers crossed for somebody else.

This phone call was at 4.25. Withheld number :)

16:25? Hmm that is interesting as the calls are aired around 16:50!
  • badamsgirl
    badamsgirl Posts: 4,516
    Forumite
    Aww what a nightmare for you. I'm sure that many people who've entered this previously didn't realise that you were automatically entered in every draw too, but that's little consolation for you. Hope a really nice prize is heading your way soon.
    Good luck for 2024 Comping! Be lucky!
    My March 2024 Wins: Night cream (IG), Welsh mug,cards and board (IG), catdad book (IG), £5 costa voucher (IG), film download, poster & chocolate (IG), pinata smashlings toy bundle (email), brownies, mugs and teapot (IG), little people big dreams books (IG), kids sticker book (web), £10 amazon giftcard (IG), sleep supplements (IG), snickers bar (IW), Easter cakes & cookies (IG)
  • PP_1234
    PP_1234 Posts: 175
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Carla I'm so sorry for you as well. I was listening to the radio yesterday and heard your call and felt so bad for you! I also had no idea that entries rolled over as I only enter on days I know I can answer the phone in the afternoon, I would be gutted if I missed a call because it was on one of those days!

As a poster has said above, I'm sure it was about 4:50 that it was broadcast so it is interesting you got the call about 4:25.

Hopefully something else will come your way now, sending you lots of luck and best wishes xx
  • Daphne01
    Daphne01 Posts: 22,145
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Eek, I know if it's a roll over the entries carry over too so that's why your entry was still valid.

Hope you're feeling better now
    A strong man stands up for himself, a stronger man stands up for others.

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,881
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Daphne01 wrote: »
    Eek, I know if it's a roll over the entries carry over too so that's why your entry was still valid.

Hope you're feeling better now

The entries carry over for every day of the competition whether it's a rollover or not - So if you make 3 entries a day Mon to Thurs you already have 12 entries for the Friday draw without entering again.
  • liamell
    Forumite
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    The entries carry over for every day of the competition whether it's a rollover or not - So if you make 3 entries a day Mon to Thurs you already have 12 entries for the Friday draw without entering again.

I wish I had known this yesterday:( I hadn't entered since the week before...and only enter on days I know I could answer the phone.

Live and learn ay xx
  • liamell
    Forumite
    PP_1234 wrote: »
    Carla I'm so sorry for you as well. I was listening to the radio yesterday and heard your call and felt so bad for you! I also had no idea that entries rolled over as I only enter on days I know I can answer the phone in the afternoon, I would be gutted if I missed a call because it was on one of those days!

As a poster has said above, I'm sure it was about 4:50 that it was broadcast so it is interesting you got the call about 4:25.

Hopefully something else will come your way now, sending you lots of luck and best wishes xx

Thankyou ever so much...my partner keeps saying "its ok, we didn't have 20 grand yesterday anyway so we will be fine" :o and all I keep thinking was if id just opened my laptop and thought on my feet quick enough we could be debt free today. xxx

Yes most of the radio ones are edited down but I would have thought they would have played it sooner than half an hour after the call. Maybe too busy laughing at me...I must have sounded a right mess :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure