Options

Comments

• MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    P2TKL wrote: »
    What is the app called please ?

Go to Apple store and in search type in tns and select the option which says Kantor TNS royal mail survey. This brings up another screen and which says kantar tns and underneath business. This is the one to use and then just press the OPEN button.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh No, yet another darned cube to post arrived today.
    My sense of enthusiasm for this current wave of postings is almost extinguished! it just seems to go on.... and on... and on !
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,595 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 June 2018 at 8:58PM
    Options
    NBLondon wrote: »
    I agree - it's suddenly appeared on my items for next week as well. I also suspect it's probably a glitch in the website programming..
    Cubes are Small Parcel and have to be handed over so maybe that's why we get more cubes than we used to. If they did want to check other items handed over the counter then HomingPigeon has the solution - get a Proof of Posting as a reason for queuing instead of just dropping in a box - but TNS should be paying the £2 incentive for that time spent whether its a Cube or a Jiffy or a DVD box.

I have it easier than some in that I am in London where there are plenty of post offices in walking distance but over the last few years; the ones that open early or close late (i.e. more than 9 to 5) are getting rarer. When I work from home - no problem but other days; I used to be able to drop a cube off at 0815 on the way to the office or 1755 on the way back but now I have to think where I am going to be at lunchtime or make detours.

My nearest Post Office from home is about 2½ miles (5 miles round trip) away except there's one set up in our village hall for 2 hours on a Wednesday afternoon (1-3pm). Even at work in the local town, the PO is about a 3 mile drive (6 mile round trip) from my office and the opposite direction to which I travel to work.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • BookWorm
    BookWorm Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Primrose wrote: »
    Oh No, yet another darned cube to post arrived today.
    My sense of enthusiasm for this current wave of postings is almost extinguished! it just seems to go on.... and on... and on !

I'm totally with you on that.

In fact I even messaged to ask when the current stint was due to end and they said next month, but nothing more specific than that. I suspect the end of July if I'm lucky!
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,620 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I can't now find the original email inviting me to participate in this wave. It feels as if the duration has been sneakily extended. I wonder if they,re having difficulties getting in people to participate again. The cube posting part of the exercise must be incredibly difficult for working people who can't easily get to a post office in working hours.
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I finally got my message a few days ago to expect my first proper posting pack in a couple of weeks after being on hold since March. I have a nasty feeling that its going to coincide with my long ago booked holiday - a couple of other people have had posting packs sent for their vacation period so I'm not optimistic. Dreading there being loads of parcels this time - might have to quit if it gets too much, no convenient post office for me either :(
    2020 Wins:
  • lbw22
    lbw22 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Im recently back on live panel I seem to get 1 cube per week to be done at post office counter. On next week lot I have a medium stamped envelope to be handed over at The Post Office counter on Saturday Morning. As Im in town it will mean main post office where you have to take a number and wait or go shopping and come back. If one of the service personell asks to help they will just put it in post box inside the building. Its seems that more and more require a trip to the Post Office. Also seems more want before last post on one bit then am on another bit. I start work before Post Office is open and get home after Post Office is closed but have access to lots of mail boxes near Post Offices. I dont object to handing cubes or large boxes over the counter..I do object to handing over stamped adrressed envelope especially as there is only one collection fro Post office at 4.45.
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can't now find the original email inviting me to participate in this wave. It feels as if the duration has been sneakily extended. I wonder if they,re having difficulties getting in people to participate again. The cube posting part of the exercise must be incredibly difficult for working people who can't easily get to a post office in working hours.

You don't neccessarily need to. The one near me which is in a shop has the usual counter 9-5.30 but then also takes in parcels and provides basic services 7am till 10pm. I just stop there on my way to or from work with the cubes.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Lavandergirl
    Options
    It is over two years since I was invited to go back on the main panel and had to decline due to holidays coinciding with the start date. Never been invited again and since the invitations for the correctly/unaddressed surveys now go out at around 1.00 a.m. I have no chance with those either
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    You don't neccessarily need to. The one near me which is in a shop has the usual counter 9-5.30 but then also takes in parcels and provides basic services 7am till 10pm. I just stop there on my way to or from work with the cubes.
    I wonder if that's an official thing or just what the shop might do... I used to use one at the back of a Spar where they opened the PO bit from 8am to 6pm - but it changed hands and is now just a normal sub-postoffice from 8.30am to 5pm. I know another in the back of a CostCutter which says they do PO services if the shop is open but that one's no use for this as it's in the wrong postcode area. And this is London - I'd not bother if I was rural, unless I was within walking distance of a village shop and post office.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure