Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Clarek
    • By Clarek 19th May 19, 6:52 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Clarek
    Not it sure of best option
    • 19th May 19, 6:52 PM
    Not it sure of best option 19th May 19 at 6:52 PM
    Hi, I have various debts of around 16k which many are from years ago (12 years)t I accumulated when my husband left and my business failed.
    I am now re married and my husband has a good salary but these debts are nothing to do with him. I work part time and have kids. What is the best way of sorting these debts out without my husband been affected. I don' t pay any bills and my income just goes on my debt, food and the kids. I only have around 800 a month coming in and can't pay the debts. I used to have a payment plan with payplan but stopped doing it when my business failed and I lost income.
    I just can't seem to see a way out and there are coming out of the woodwork each day. I have no assets at all.

Any suggestions. I did think about asking for CCA for the.loans but I need a more solid solution. Will a dro take.my husbands salary into consideration?

Thanks
Page 1
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 19th May 19, 10:23 PM
    • 17,470 Posts
    • 16,462 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 19th May 19, 10:23 PM
    • 19th May 19, 10:23 PM
    When did you last pay these accounts, could they be statute barred ?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".

Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    • Clarek
    • By Clarek 20th May 19, 8:19 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Clarek
    • 20th May 19, 8:19 AM
    • 20th May 19, 8:19 AM
    Unfortunately not. I was paying them to 2016 then my business failed and went into liquidation leaving me with no income for a while.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 20th May 19, 10:41 AM
    • 17,470 Posts
    • 16,462 Thanks
    sourcrates
    • 20th May 19, 10:41 AM
    • 20th May 19, 10:41 AM
    You really need to pop over to the debt free wannabe board, post a statement of affairs, the link to which is in the sticky thread at the top half of the DFW forum.

There is certain information we need to see before we can then advise on your best course of action.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".

Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,760Posts Today

7,755Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LeedsWomensAid: We are pleased to see @MartinSLewis raising awareness about the important issue of financial abuse. Have a read of his?

• Didn't get your MSE weekly email today - for some reason Microsoft (inc outlook hotmail) filed many as spam so chec? https://t.co/GH6aH9CBTn

• RT @Gumtree: @MartinSLewis Hi Martin, we do not tolerate unscrupulous advertising by third parties on the Gumtree platform and are working?

• Follow Martin