What did you put behind the bar?

2»

Comments

• elleJay42
    elleJay42 Posts: 165
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    We're having a drinks package for our wedding and then a cash bar after the meal, I have organised work functions with free bars though so here's what I've always done:

Only beers, house wine (red/white/prosecco) and single spirits included, people can pay cash if they want anything fancier - cocktails, whisky, a specific wine. No one has ever complained and makes the tab go a lot further!
    Total debt at LBM = £4861.03

DFBXmas2018 #91 - £3342 / £3500 (95.4%)

HTB ISA - £0 withdrawn for house purchase! :D
    Wedding Fund £2550 / £5000
  • BakingC
    BakingC Posts: 119
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Rather than free drinks until a limit is hit alternatively you could subsidise drinks? That is what we are planning to do at our wedding venue where we will put £1-2K behind the bar but then this subsidises wine / beer / cider and single spirits. Reason is some of her family are heavy drinkers so we do not want them to have 10 doubles on us while some people are on their 1st small glass of wine etc. In terms of cost we are planning around £1k which should subsidise 50% of around 4 drinks per person just outside of London (around 90 people expected)
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    One wedding we went to all the guests were given drinks tokens which could be exchanged for drinks at the bar.

I think this is a good idea.

You can give as few or as many as you like.

This seems much fairer to me and stops those that drink as much as they can before the tab runs out.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,810
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    My cousin did the token thing as well at his wedding, everyone got 2 = 2 drinks which was beer / wine / soft drinks after that it was cash, no one seemed to mind, any other drink was cash..

Good luck
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Shelbi
    Shelbi Posts: 744
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    One wedding we went to all the guests were given drinks tokens which could be exchanged for drinks at the bar.

I think this is a good idea.

You can give as few or as many as you like.

This seems much fairer to me and stops those that drink as much as they can before the tab runs out.

I absolutely love this idea, I'm thinking of now using it for the evening rather than just leaving cash tab for people to go crazy with, it'll help control the bar tab and they have some cute free print out designs online.:beer: Thank you guys x
    DFD-01.03.2018:starmod: :beer::T
    Maternity Savings- £2000/£10,000
    Emergency Fund- £1,000/£5,000
    House Deposit- £0/£25,000.
    NSD November 2/30
    Make £5 per day- £128.48/£155
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income