PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Are you looking to buy, or have you recently bought your first home?

Options
Can you help with my research, please?

Looking to speak with people in West Yorkshire, West Midlands or Bristol/Bath/North Somerset/Gloucester area who are looking to buy or have recently bought, say in the last two years. Want to talk about how, what, where and when you bought and the decisions made and if shared ownership housing could help. It won't take long.

Thank you. Looking forward to hearing from you! :T

[I have permission to post on this site.]

DbE089gXUAEJRi9.jpg:large

Comments

• Former_MSE_Thiri
    Options
    Hi all - just to confirm we have indeed approved this post! Hopefully Alison will receive lots of responses from you :)
    Follow the Forum on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free Martin's Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • AlisonResearch
    Options
    Thank you.

To answer a question the vouchers will be Amazon vouchers.

Please help if you can. :)
  • dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Does that include people who are buying in those areas, but don't currently live there (i.e., I'm buying in Birmingham, and will be moving there).
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • AlisonResearch
    Options
    Yes that's fine. , I'm interested in the search and decision process and how you chose where to live and how to get a home, and also explore if shared ownership could have helped.
    My email is alison.wallace@york.ac.uk Could you email me and we could take it from there if you're interested? Or send me a DM on here.

Many thanks! :)
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I in theory would like to help, but I believe my input would be useless...
    IE:
    Married couple (age grp 40's)
    Both working class (75k - 85k combined) (Gloucester region)
    1 = 1st time buyer , other had joint purchase many years ago
    We don't have a deposit.
    Shared ownership dont work for fulltime workers as we were told
    100% mortgage is un-real
    As said, not very useful info! :)
  • AlisonResearch
    Options
    Are you over the earnings limit? Happy to talk if you are? Send me an email if you're interested. alison.wallace@york.ac.uk

Many thanks.
  • dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes that's fine. , I'm interested in the search and decision process and how you chose where to live and how to get a home, and also explore if shared ownership could have helped.
    My email is alison.wallace@york.ac.uk Could you email me and we could take it from there if you're interested? Or send me a DM on here.

Many thanks! :)

Just spotted in the fine print that it's for FTB. I'm not a FTB, otherwise I'd be glad to help.
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • AlisonResearch
    Options
    Ok no worries, thanks for your interest anyway!

And thank you to those who have offered to talk, much appreciated.

Still need some more if any other people looking for their first home or have recently bought their first home (say in the last two years) whether on the open market or via shared ownership.

Looking for West Yorkshire, West Midlands/Birmingham sort of area or Bristol/Bath/Somerset/Gloucester area.

Email me if you're interested. alison.wallace@york.ac.uk Many thanks!
  • pkmid
    pkmid Posts: 46 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Alison,

I sent you an email on 20 April saying I was a FTB in Bristol, not sure if you got it though.
  • AlisonResearch
    Options
    Hello Thank You 'pkmid' no I don't think I received that otherwise, I would have replied. Please resend or DM on here as I'd love to speak with you about your experiences! alison.wallace@york.ac.uk Many thanks!

Still need more people, recent new buyers including anyone considering or having bought via shared ownership.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure