Wrong prizes?!

Options
I was just wondering what you think about when you receive a prize that is not what you thought it would be and what to do. I feel mega ungrateful emailing and saying it’s wrong but at the same time it’s not what was advertised?! So I won a Joie car seat and pram, and it arrived yesterday and i don’t have a pram, just 2 different car seats. What would you say in an email to not sound ungrateful?! This has happened a few times to me before and I never know how to deal with it so any advice welcome!

Comments

• sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Just send them a polite email.

"Thank you so much ... they are wonderful ... but ... "

include photos of what you received. Might just be a mistake on their part and they've sent you someone else's prize by mistake (maybe there was a runner up prize of a different car seat and they've accidentally sent the pram to the runner up and sent you the runner up prize along with your other car seat).

It's best practice to ask in circumstances like this in case you decide to sell it and they then realise they've made a mistake and ask for it back so they can send you the correct item (after you've already sold it), then they tell you it's against the terms to sell it and you owe them £300.
  • mummy2threeboys
    Options
    Hi lovely what comp was it? Two seats doesn't sound right, just fire an email off and say I think I have someone else's prize as I have two car seats? xx
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
  • greedo420
    greedo420 Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I was informed that I had won years free nappies from Asda but they sent me a changing bag full of baby stuff like shampoo etc.

When I emailed them about it they sent me a £100 asda gift card as an apology.

Worth asking them about it.
  • Claire605
    Claire605 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! I sent an email in the end just saying wasn’t sure if it was my error but this is what I have and sent a photo so they didn’t think I was just being difficult! There was a mix up in the warehouse so they are going to collect the one that’s wrong and deliver the correct item!

It was an Excel baby show competition one. I was very pleased with my win seeing as we found out we were having a baby due in December so that’s a big expense paid for! Thank you everyone for your advice xx
  • Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    Claire605 wrote: »
    Thank you for the advice! I sent an email in the end just saying wasn’t sure if it was my error but this is what I have and sent a photo so they didn’t think I was just being difficult! There was a mix up in the warehouse so they are going to collect the one that’s wrong and deliver the correct item!

It was an Excel baby show competition one. I was very pleased with my win seeing as we found out we were having a baby due in December so that’s a big expense paid for! Thank you everyone for your advice xx
    I'm glad it's cleared up & they will sort the prize out. Most companies are very reasonable to deal with.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • mummy2threeboys
    Options
    That's wonderful and congrats on baby!
    Compers challenge 27/70
    £1805/2018
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income