12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Comments

• Ah amazing news on the nursery guys! We are moving in like 2 and half weeks once I get back so things will be sorted for nursery as we will have 3 bedrooms, one to be ours, one guest and one nursery. I've a heavy !!! piece of furniture to go into nursery for clothes, little changing table and some toys I suppose.

Other than that, everywhere else in my house will probably be a tip! Hehe! I've been trying to clear out as I go around the house this week, I'd like to make it as easy as possible on OH.

I've been getting so hungry all the time :)
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • euronorris wrote: »
    I've booked my one NHS antenatal class, for 4th May. Wondering if the other classes available (such as NCT) are worth paying for or not?

We found a set of antenatal classes in Manchester privately, 4 before birth and 2 after. It's £160, but think i prefer it. I'd like to be with people i might get on with outside of class and meet some new mum friends while i'll be off work so long, if that makes sense..as well as obviously being there for the classes for the baby. I'm 34 and all the mums to be at the hospital every time we go seem to be kids themselves. Can't see me having much in common with them besides the bumps. Nobody seems older than 20. Maybe it's me being funny about it.

I'm a little worried about bras too. So far the only ones i have are M&S because they were cheap and easy to get. I haven't ballooned that much, YET. Up from an E to an F, but dreading what i'll look like towards the end. Always been a size 12, pushing a 14, and hoping i get a nice big bump to balance things out or i'm going to end up looking a bit like a cartoon!

I've just been for my flu jab and my arm is throbbing. Sadly i have to go and get on with the ironing. We fly for Hawaii a week on Monday and i have lots to get ready. Really not looking forward to 24 hours flyng right now. But it'll be worth it when we get there. A holiday without cocktails! :(
    Book a week challenge: 11/52. Competitions won in 2021: 12
  • becca0417
    becca0417 Posts: 3,114 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Euro I did nct with my 1st and we are still all friends 2 years on. The lady I am closest to is having her second a few months before me so that will be nice too. I'm doing hypnobirthing this time

Hope everyone is well. 19 weeks & have done nothing at all, this baby has had nothing bought yet .... Poor second child!!
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14 :D
  • skintbuthappy81
    skintbuthappy81 Posts: 995 Forumite
    edited 26 February 2016 at 6:20PM
    We found a set of antenatal classes in Manchester privately, 4 before birth and 2 after. It's £160, but think i prefer it. I'd like to be with people i might get on with outside of class and meet some new mum friends while i'll be off work so long, if that makes sense..as well as obviously being there for the classes for the baby. I'm 34 and all the mums to be at the hospital every time we go seem to be kids themselves. Can't see me having much in common with them besides the bumps. Nobody seems older than 20. Maybe it's me being funny about it.

Where in Manchester is this? I am seriously considering it. I am in the same boat as you, also 34 and find most other mums to be are quite a bit younger. I have a friend who has just had her baby but she will be due back in work a month after mine is due. Plus our nearest classes are in an area that both me and hubby work (as Police Officers) which isn't a particularly nice area so would prefer to pay private. (Hubby even got recognised by some idiot in the hospital whilst we were waiting for our scan ... not a pleasant experience)
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • I'll get the exact details for you when my husband gets home. He has them stored on his computer. It's Trafford Park area. We are between Bury and Manchester, so it's quite near for us. You don't happen to go to N Manchester general hospital? If you're in the same boat as us with the other mums being all so much younger, or maybe it's the same everywhere. They seem to run the classes quite regularly, but the ones we were looking at were June time.

I can imagine certain groups of people giving you hassle if you're recognised. Doesn't make things easy for you. Especially when it should be a pleasant experience, getting a scan done.
  • Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Hi everyone, I haven't quite graduated from the less than 12 weeks thread yet but I have a question which I hope some of you might have discovered the answer to!

I'm going for an early scan next week and need a full bladder, how close to the scan and how much have others found they need to drink for their bladder to fill up on time? I'm worried about finding the balance of enough water and having too much that I have to go beforehand
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 February 2016 at 1:09PM
    Beckyy wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I haven't quite graduated from the less than 12 weeks thread yet but I have a question which I hope some of you might have discovered the answer to!

I'm going for an early scan next week and need a full bladder, how close to the scan and how much have others found they need to drink for their bladder to fill up on time? I'm worried about finding the balance of enough water and having too much that I have to go beforehand

In my rather vast experience... I never bother.. if your bladder is full they often tell you to empty it! I have a cuppa about 20 minutes before we leave the house.. wee before we set off.. and its usually about 45-60 minutes before they actually do the scan and its fine.

If youre less than 9-10 weeks it iss probable they will use a vaginal probe anyway so would tell you to empty your bladder anyway..

the baby is in a bag of water the full bladder is just to push the uterus out of the pelvis so less necessary as you get closer to 12 weeks and a total waste of time after that.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Beckyy wrote: »

About an hour before i start drinking. That way i'm not too uncomfortable if they're pressing quite hard or i'm in for a while. Have a few glasses of water before you leave and take a bottle of water with you and keep drinking while you're waiting too. Should be fine. They say don't drink anything that isn't clear too.

Good luck with the scan!
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    About an hour before i start drinking. That way i'm not too uncomfortable if they're pressing quite hard or i'm in for a while. Have a few glasses of water before you leave and take a bottle of water with you and keep drinking while you're waiting too. Should be fine. They say don't drink anything that isn't clear too.

Good luck with the scan!

as if it makes your bladder contents cloudy?? lol... *tickled*
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • I'll get the exact details for you when my husband gets home. He has them stored on his computer. It's Trafford Park area. We are between Bury and Manchester, so it's quite near for us. You don't happen to go to N Manchester general hospital? If you're in the same boat as us with the other mums being all so much younger, or maybe it's the same everywhere. They seem to run the classes quite regularly, but the ones we were looking at were June time.

I can imagine certain groups of people giving you hassle if you're recognised. Doesn't make things easy for you. Especially when it should be a pleasant experience, getting a scan done.

Thanks for the info. We have chosen St Marys Hospital but all of our appointments are at Salford Royal for some reason (even though they no longer have the maternity unit there). None of our appointments have been particularly pleasant there as we just can't relax.

Beckyy I had about a pint of water about an hour before and took a bottle to sip from, didn't help that they were running an hour late, my bladder was fit to burst!
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport