PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

"Sellers forced to cut asking prices by £25k as housing market cools."

Comments

• ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Well certainly not where I live!
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • dunroving
    dunroving Posts: 1,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    ric1982 wrote: »

Can't read the whole article, so maybe you could post the list?
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • dunroving
    edited 20 April 2018 at 5:49PM
    Well certainly not where I live!

Not around this part of the UK (Central Belt of Scotland), either.
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • I_Kantski
    I_Kantski Posts: 13 Forumite
    In Northampton, there has been a lot of reductions in the last 5-6 months to the point that we're feeling quite lucky that we achieved a couple of grand off our asking price and fear that if our sale falls through we would almost certainly have to discount.
  • cloo
    cloo Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I think they're talking more about London where a lot of vendors are still expecting to get prices from 4 years ago, but people quite rightly aren't prepared to pay them.
  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 7,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I'm in Sheffield and I keep seeing houses going on the market locally at what seems like crazy prices, next day sold sign goes up! Not sure how sustainable it is though but no sign of cooling.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • MERFE
    MERFE Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Everything here is reduced and taking ages to sell if they sell at all, lots are just removed but there is also very little available at the moment so seems like no one is moving. I'm hoping it actually picks up because I would like a bit more choice when we are ready to buy after Christmas.
  • dunroving
    MERFE wrote: »
    Everything here is reduced and taking ages to sell if they sell at all, lots are just removed but there is also very little available at the moment so seems like no one is moving. I'm hoping it actually picks up because I would like a bit more choice when we are ready to buy after Christmas.

Here? Where "here"? ;)
    (Nearly) dunroving
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    I reduced mine 15k. Not because the market is quiet, just because the estate agent was a bit ott with the valuation. I was only getting a few viewers. Much more booked in now :)

In fact two friends houses in the next town sold the day after going to market. One for £40k above the asking price!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure