12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• afoolandhermoney
    Options
    Freddie - hope growth scan went ok. My midwife has given me an "individualised" growth chart as they apparently measure the centiles for your bump based on your height and weight (won't get measured for a few more weeks yet though, but it was good to know that they won't be comparing my bump with those of much taller ladies)

I'm 16+1 today, saw the midwife yesterday morning (last minute change of venue as she was also covering appointments for another midwife who was at a birth - at least it means I've now seen inside the Birth Centre at our local hospital).

All good on the blood test results and low risk for chromosome anomalies, sickness is finally easing up noticeably and energy levels getting a bit better (even though I'm not sleeping very well) so I think I am finally getting that glow everyone talks about. Got my appointment for our anomaly scan through too.

Blood pressure was down on what it was at my booking appointment (which probably explains the dizziness this week as its much lower than I'm used to it being) but perfectly normal

Booked the afternoon off after my appointment so I go to enjoy the sunshine yesterday. And OH and I had a little walk around town and a coffee so a mini date-day, which was lovely. Have been feeling that I've neglected him a bit the last few weeks while I've felt so poorly.
    MFiT challenge #60
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]Start £157500 [/STRIKE]Current £156,396.07
  • Bosscout
    Bosscout Posts: 94 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya! Thanks for popping this thread up to the top of the list so I could find it :)

It's fascinating how different hospitals seem to deal with the whole merry-go-round of appointments.

I'm never allowed to leave any dept. without having my next visit booked - so got my anomaly scan booked at my 12 wk scan, for 3 more midwife appts. booked at my booking-in one. There's huge signs on every door saying 'Do not leave until you have your next appointment booked'!

Still, I'm getting to know my way around a bit now.

Afoolandhermoney - I'm glad you're feeling a little better! And that the results are all good so far. :)
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    Bosscout - that's great that you have your appointments booked in already. I would normally have had my next midwife appointment booked before I left but they are having a change in their shift patterns between now and my 25 week appointment so although I know what week I'll see her she couldn't confirm which day.
    I'm also finding that the "cross border" issue comes in a lot with appointments - my GP surgery is in England but I live in Wales so after my booking appointment with the English midwife I was transferred to my home nation's service and had an extra booking appointment with them!
    MFiT challenge #60
  • Bosscout
    Options
    Oooh, the cross-border stuff must be a bit of a nightmare!

I'm sure I've still forgotten things I'm meant to do - the booking appt is such a barrage of info.

I now have Midwife, Obstetrics (found a heart murmur, I've no idea what they're going to do about it, letter just says to go in), scan and physio appointments lined up. My poor boss is going to forget who I am - and I'm on a massive deadline with the project I'm doing at work :D - luckily he's got kids himself and is very supportive!

Wish you luck with getting all yours sorted.
  • Bosscout
    Options
    So yesterday at work something in my back went 'pop' and I'm in agony... got sent home.

Have a doctor's appt today because I have no idea what I can do, now my usual option of 'take a bunch of ibuprofen and try to get on with life' is no longer on the table!!

Sounds stupid, but I hope having so much muscle tension around my hips/middle doesn't bother the sproglet... guess I'll ask the doc for some reassurance.
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    Oh Bosscout, hope you're feeling better soon and that its nothing serious. It is pants when you can't take the usual painkillers isn't it.
    MFiT challenge #60
  • Bosscout
    Options
    Thankfully the doc said it's a torn muscle or ligament, not a slipped disc! So I have some exercises to do and he's given me orders to take 2 paracetamol (honestly, even though I've seen things saying it's fine, I was too scared to!) Have also told work I'm coming back tomorrow but just to sit quietly and get through a backlog of easy desk work I've built up recently, no running around the workshop or tackling large scale items!

Also luckily I have my Obstetrics Physio assessment next Tues, because two of the discs in my back degenerated when I was in my early 20s and are completely missing now, so they wanted to keep an eye on me as my belly grew :D So that's quite good timing!

(Still worried about my little passenger, though. Because I'm so symptom-free, and haven't yet 'popped'. I'm assuming I'm now going to be worried until I start feeling movement, tbh)
  • afoolandhermoney
    Options
    Definitely take it easy for a few days - have you had a risk assessment at work yet? Mine have warned me off any heavy lifting and although I feel a bit helpless getting others to move any delivery parcels I know its for the best as picking up anything seems to put too much strain on my hips/back now.

I "popped" really early and have had comments on the size of my bump for about a month now (17 weeks today). I think worrying is now just how things will be, I worried I wasn't really pregnant til I was sick; then I worried that it wasn't really morning sickness and just something else til I had my scan; now I'm worried about how big my bump is getting and that I've not felt anything yet (even though I know its too early and could be weeks before I feel anything as its my first); I'm sure I'll find something else to worry about after that (probably whether baby is moving enough!)
    MFiT challenge #60
  • dpearson86
    Options
    Hi everyone, I!!!8217;m 15 and a half weeks pregnant.

Our first pregnancy and my boyfriend is beside himself with excitement, it!!!8217;s been great seeing his excitement growing and finding out how much he!!!8217;s been reading about how baby is developing and how my body is changing.

I wondered if people could advise me on any courses I can do to help me prepare as I!!!8217;ve unexpectedly found myself with loads of free time - I!!!8217;ve been off work since I was 9 and a half weeks pregnant and sadly it looks like I won!!!8217;t be going back until after my maternity leave, if I decide to go back and I!!!8217;m leaving towards not but all depends on what happens at work. They are very anti pregnancy there (had to inform them early due to an unsafe environment), and I got the union involved because after informing them I was pregnant the behaviour from them changed and was disgusting. I!!!8217;ve received an apology from HR from the ownership company (they are based in a different part of the country to my office) but they are still deciding what to do regarding the members of staff and management involved but they!!!8217;ve given me the option to stay at home on full pay until my maternity leave finishes because of how serious it was which I think will be the safest option.

Anyway, sorry for unloading so much in my first post, thankfully everything babywise is going really good.
  • Bosscout
    Options
    Hi Dpearson - Welcome! Glad everything babywise is good. What a nightmare at work though. You don't need that sort of stress! I'm glad the ownership company at least have acted a bit better.

Afoolandhermoney - I do all the risk assessments at work! :D Everyone's being great, I have them all running around for me. I've barely lifted anything heavier than a cup of tea for weeks!

I'm definitely with you on the whole not-quite believing it thing. I've reverted to that stage now I've stopped puking, I think! Even though I've seen the scan, I still can't quite believe it's real. I phoned my folks today and it's so hard not telling them - but we're going to see them on the Bank Holiday and really want to tell them face to face. I think it will seem more real then!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback