Mortgage with RBS/Halifax....if we switch mortgages with them do they credit check?

Hi,

We have a mortgage with halifax currently on SVR.

We want to reduce the amount of our repayments each month so are considering ringing them and asking if they have a better mortgage for us we can switch to.

We have less than one month's arrears which is really old and are repaying slowly. Our credit is not good due to an old DMP still on our files so my question is will they still help us without credit checking?

Thanks.

Comments

• kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,686
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Presumably you mean BOS, not RBS?

I suspect no member of the Lloyds Banking Group will permit a product transfer to a lower rate while there are outstanding arrears. You need to ask your lender for a definitive answer.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure