Orbis £100 match offer - Now Ended

Comments

• stphnstevey
    stphnstevey Posts: 3,224 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    Am considering £100 each to referrer and referee for £500 investment in Kuflink.

Previously was only £200 investment - although only 6-7.5%, they do take 20% first loss, which reduces LTV considerably and gives you more faith they believe in the investments

Quidco and TCB also have offers around 5% with no upper limit (slightly more if log into account on on TCB). However they normally dont track and people have had to chase these up

I have done 2x lots of £100 referrals so far as well as a TCB 5% (not together, but separate accounts and transactions)
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Yes I was considering the £500 offer from Kuflink and there are credible members on the Referrals board willing to share at least £50 of their £100 with you too. Then after the cooling off period I could refer my wife. So that would be £350 on 2x£500 of investments protecting against the first 35% of losses.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,611 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I had already got a generous 5.25% TCB on signup and have now referred DH. I am focusing on cashback rather than interest atm or I will bust the £1k limit and may have to do a tax return
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    I am focusing on cashback rather than interest atm or I will bust the £1k limit and may have to do a tax return

I thought they just adjusted your code if you go over the limit.

Trying to work out when you get interest on the monthly savers and all the other bits and pieces would be a right pain.

The last thing I want is doing a tax return every year!
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,611 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I hope that is the case. Have avoided the tax return for a few years now
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Just a quick bump on this to say there are only a few days left if anyone was thinking of taking this offer.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Alexland wrote: »
    I agree it's good to have a mix of passive and active investments as following a single passive or active strategy takes real conviction. My pensions are mostly passive and I go more active in the ISAs.

[FONT=&quot]I also share the same opinion with Alex land strategy for people paying basic income tax and want to consider to opening both SIPP and S&S ISA (even for people over 55 yo). What I could see is that.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Put high risk investment (also come with possible high return) to S&S ISA as any gain you will get from this investment in later date is tax free.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Put low risk investment in pension SIPP. Additional 20% will be added into the investment pot but it will still be taxed at 20% at later date when people start withdrawing this pension product ?. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Could anyone who know or have other opinion to comment or coitize whether this is a good plan or not please??[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Is there any better plan ?
    [/FONT]
  • Cash-Strapped.T32
    Cash-Strapped.T32 Posts: 562 Forumite
    edited 24 June 2018 at 11:05AM
    Well, an opposing view is that (generally) your pension is a much more long-term investment, so you have the time to go aggressive, and ride out any dips & troughs, while over the long-term still making a higher growth return that had you gone cautious from the get-go.

Whereas with the S&S ISA, there are concieveable scenarios where you might want to sell off some of your investment into cash (hopefully not, if your planning was sufficient out the outset but hell - you never really know for sure), and thus a less volatile mix would be wise... Who knows?
  • A bump to let people know that they are currently sending out survey emails, if you take the longer survey they are offering you a £10 Amazon voucher. If anyone signed up with a lesser used email address it may be worth checking!
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    A bump to let people know that they are currently sending out survey emails, if you take the longer survey they are offering you a £10 Amazon voucher. If anyone signed up with a lesser used email address it may be worth checking!
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Thanks for this! Would have missed out otherwise - I saw the email yesterday and read the first half of it thinking there was no incentive. :doh:

Other family members informed and we should have £40 winging our way. For reference, emails arrived yesterday afternoon for us.
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure