PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We decided to go for a walk now we are moored, we were walking back towards our boat and I could see some splashing by the lock gates. Then I realised that it was a small dog from a neighbouring boat, it had fallen in and couldn't get out again.
    CHS ran across the lock gates and hauled it out, it then ran happily back to its boat.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We decided to go for a walk now we are moored, we were walking back towards our boat and I could see some splashing by the lock gates. Then I realised that it was a small dog from a neighbouring boat, it had fallen in and couldn't get out again.
    CHS ran across the lock gates and hauled it out, it then ran happily back to its boat.

WOW - How fab that you were there at that time, well done that man x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hester. Well done CHS. All is forgiven.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    That's a recipe very much up my street softstuff. It's been a long time since I baked summat I can eat so I will be visiting that page again very soon. ;)

Big clappy hands to CHS for his superman efforts. :D

Monna you say the nicest things, thank you. :) x

I have news! We have a new female plot holder :D she's about 50, single lady who lives in my street... and my friend! I'm excited to have her there and she knows Mr Pea Seedling and his foibles and will have non of it. My guardian angel has been at work again. ;)

The last bit is my MRI scan date came through today for 23rd May. It's left me feeling blergh. I thought I would feel relieved really but I don't I just feel cross that it's arrival has messed with my chipper mood. Grumble grumble. ;)
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done CHS
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning all,

Very impressed with CHS's heroics.

I can't wait for tomorrow's warmer weather, although I'll be in meetings most of the day. Thursday I'm working from home, so I've been trying to get all of my computer based work done so that I can work on a clip board in the garden. The lettuce seedlings are doing welll, the chillis less so. I'm hoping when I look this morning they will have made a bit of progress.

I'd better remember to get the mince out the freezer for the spag bol tonight.

Hugs to all who need them.x
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm imagining CHS as that old athena poster now, a black and white image of a hunky man holding a puppy! I hope you rewarded his heroics Hester.

Lamewolf, I also chose not to have kids, but I reckon taking care of hubby is job enough, especially with the amount he can eat!

Fuddle, if you're making it, have a look for a sweetener that's stevia and erythritol, it sounds chemically, but erythritol is just a sugar alcohol, it has no effect on your insulin levels and unlike some other sweeteners, no aftertaste or laxative effect. I use less than the recipe though, because we're getting used to a lot less sweetness in our diets. I don't know if you're interested, but I have a nice waffle recipe for a waffle maker?
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Still not sleeping well.
    Trying to decide what advanced care and end of life care plan for mother is not easy. Writing it down seems even worse. I feel like one of those Romans, thumbs up you live, thumbs down you don't. Mother says she wants to live to 110 or more, so maybe no rush.

Need to get into the garden again. Have planted the onions, peas, potatoes, beetroot and carrot. The new strawberry plants are looking good. I have lots of seeds I started on window sills needing to be planted out soon. Just need a bit more energy.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    erythritol is a new concept for me softstuff so thank you for giving me today's research topic. :D sadly I don't have a waffle maker though.

Silver-oldie I think your energy might show itself when the temps warm up and the sun shines. I have only just planted potatoes, nothing else is in the ground yet. The greenhouse is hardly aiding germination as it's still too cold. My window sill is doing the work for me. Tomorrow though, is the start of things to come for my neck of the woods but unfortunately for youngest DD I have had a pollen notification and it seems she'll be getting the birch pollen to deal with. Always something, always pros and cons.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Softstuff, CHS gets rewarded whether he's been heroic or not!

LW, I get annoyed with CHS as I feel he should accept some responsibility for his health, having said that, he is getting better, he used to tell me after he'd run out.

We have a nice mooring and hopefully we will stay here for 2 weeks, the maximum time allowed for where we are.

It seems our batteries need replacing, another hit on our rapidly diminishing savings, the boating joke is that boat stands for Bung On Another Thousand and it seems that way at the moment.
    Chin up, Titus out.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure