Which Forum badges are you aiming for next?

Comments

• Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,162 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    edited 24 May 2017 at 11:28AM
    I've had my cash back from the cheap energy club, didn't realise I could have a badge for that - may I have one pretty please? And I've won lots from the competition forum, may I win a badge for that too?
    I saved £136 on my house insurance in April.
    I'm lucky enough to have the time to split my shopping between Lidl and Aldi so I can be a sooper savvy shopper and I ALWAYS use Topcashback or Quidco when shopping sitting down.
    I think my best triumph is converting my new husband of the joys (and benefits) of changing bank, energy supplier and house/car insurance every year! He's now a born again saver.
    Oh and we recycle, reuse and reduce for England! (He checks our elderly neighbours' bins and re-sorts theirs too before he puts them out).
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • motivated
    motivated Posts: 3,044 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Hi

I have just saved £96 on nail varnish using a code I got from a MSE user thankyou very much yippee.
    Is there a badge for this :D

I have also pocketed £38 by using quidco :T
    M
    Emptying my lake with a teaspoon
  • so_very_confused
    so_very_confused Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    I saved £250 on my car insurance renewal by applying on line. Same company, same policy.......just so much cheaper. The Every Little Helps adviser sounded poorly on the phone when he had to confirm it was the same policy!
    Do I qualify for something?????
    SCP # 034
    The £1000 emergency fund #59
  • Hi there

Could I claim some badges.

I'm a uniform washer, I got a £10 refund and my tax code adjusted.

I've used the Cheap Energy Club twice, received the cashback and saved a packet.

I've had over £1800 from using Topcashback.

I'm also a Holiday Haggler, I've just saved £600 on the initial price I was quoted.
    Don't wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 7 June 2017 at 12:31AM
    Well, I think its time to have some badges :D

Cashback Cashier
    I've earned over £1000 with Quidco and TCB

Savvy Shopper
    Well, I am part of the elite, so obviously a savvy shopper. ;)
    (Got a *cough* few cases of vintage Moet champagne a while a go for £8 a bottle, instead of £40, after reading a post on here, does that count? Once built a boat out of all my cheap (20p I think) kitchen roll and posted a pic on MSE.

Home Insurance Hacker
    I got my home insurance last year for under £40 after cashback

Energy one (dunno its name)
    I switched my gas and electric, got £100 gift card, and £90 cash and with me being a very low user, that saves me a few months bills.

Recycle
    I even recycle my paper cups at work, using them multipul times, and then for my seedlings to be planted in.

Car Insurance
    Saved over £200 on my renewal by shopping around.

Lastly, I really want the horn :D I did win a prize on here about 7 years ago. (But never managed to use it, think it was so much off at a restaurant chain, so in a way, I should get the horn for saving by not using it :D )
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • davemorton - please please please dig out the link to the kitchenroll boat picture! I'd love to get that on the Forum twitter.

*I can't believe i'm so excited about a kitchen roll boat* :rotfl:
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Likely none of these actually apply but what's the harm in checking. :)

Wedding Day Wonder- Utilised the 50 Cheap Wedding Tip Guide before starting posting to save a tonne on getting married. What was looking at about 15k down to under 3k.
    Chutzpah Haggler - We saved last year by using the MSE Cheap Energy Club but for this year opted to haggle down our current supplier (from switching via energy club last year). Saved about £90 off of if we had just let it roll onto a regular tarrif. Also had a discount applied due to a disabled person (me) in the flat - wasn't even aware we qualified for this till we started haggling.
    Xmas Saver! - Used tips from Deals & Vouchers to get some Thorntons for folks christmas. £50 for £20 delivered for free.
    Savy Shopper. - Cut grocerry bill in half by using some of the recipes and tips in Old Style, also managed to save on Amazon pressies by setting up price alerts by putting stuff in a wishlist to price watch. (Can't for the life of me remember where on the forum I read about that though.)

Aiming for Debt Free (not so soon.)
  • SamDude
    SamDude Posts: 432 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    Is there an "I've met Martin Lewis" badge?

:j
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I've just renewed my contract with TalkTalk - it should have been £42 per month but I got it for £34 per month, just £1 per month more than I'm paying now.

Is there a badge for that?
  • Please could I claim a couple of badges?

I've used the cheap energy club and done a couple of the big switched over the last couple of years. Latest one earlier this year to Bulb.

I'm getting married next year and have already used the weddings on a budget article to save some dosh, I keep going back to read it and mentioned it in my thread too.

Thanks in advance
    new challenge?
    £1 a day for Christmas 2024 £100.60 / £366 ~
    Got married 24/05/19 ~ Credit Card
    DFW Nerd #1155 ~
    LBM 25/2/09 ~ Debt at highest £8,037.35 ~ £0
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts