PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

My home is a mess

Comments

• kittywight
    kittywight Posts: 590 Forumite
    hello messies,

its so cold and rainy here on the isle of wight, really cold actually. dont think its been this bad for a while .. my mothers just txt from the otherside of the island saying its snowing !!

not a lot done here today, went to carboot and to morrisons.
    tidied a few bits and bobs into the bin, made lunch .. well i say i made lunch lol, it was just microwave
    still no cooker, my mum is bringing me her health grill tommorow, so at least we will have that.

my list to do today:
    make ds bed
    put clothes on airers
    put new load of washing on
    do a few dishes (not many dishes there)

i better get moving, might feel a bit warmer then ........

brrrrrr
  • bearcub
    bearcub Posts: 1,023 Forumite
    edited 4 March 2012 at 3:22PM
    Afternoon messies.

Snow, kitty? All I've seen is a LOT of rain. Stopped atm though, and it looks like it's brightening up a bit. It's certainly a bit colder than it has been recently. :(

Souns as if your garden is coming on very well, laurel. :T It's very hard work re-laying a garden - remember that well.

Rushed to set the BM this morning before going out. Knew I shouldn't have done it in a hurry. Despite having all the ingredients out, I forgot to add the sugar. Result? A lump of very soggy dough. :( OH had to call into the Co-op to buy a loaf for lunch.
  • kittywight
    kittywight Posts: 590 Forumite
    bearcub wrote: »
    Afternoon messies.

Snow, kitty? All I've seen is a LOT of rain. Stopped atm though, and it looks like it's brightening up a bit. It's certainly a bit colder than it has been recently. :(

mums in niton. think its stopped now, but yeh weve just seen a lot of rain this side, got soaked this morning, and remebered that my boots wernt waterproof (the were originally, think theres a hole in the bottom lol:o:p)

shame about your bread hun, nevermind, can always do another batch laters :)

x
  • snookey
    snookey Posts: 1,128 Forumite
    Adela calm down the sw is coming to see how they can be of help to you. Im sure that having two disabled children has an impact on how much time you have to devote to cleaning and this will be taken into account.
    Try the box methoud, one for keeps,one for charity,one for chucking. Put three in each room and do as you go along. Have your cleaning stuff to hand in a container so you can go from room to room.
    Put some music on and give yourself a couple of hours per room before stopping.
  • bearcub
    Bit of a turn up, kitty, the south coast getting snow, and not the rest of us. I've a friend who lives near Basingstoke, and she's had quite a lot of snow there.

Shame about the boots. Horrible to find that out just when you really need them! Difficult to drive around this morning, without splashing water everywhere, there was so much water coming off the fields.

Bread won't get made until tomorrow now. OH suggested I weigh everything out, so I know it's done. Of course, that would make more washing up, but I've not made the mistake before, so I doubt I will again. Hopefully, I've learned my lesson. :cool:

Done nothing today, but I must sort out some washing for tomorrow.
  • laurel7172
    laurel7172 Posts: 2,071 Forumite
    We had sleet (sort of eastish/centralish). Miserable day, but not unwelcome given that I was watering the garden yesterday (in March!!!!!).

So no gardening done today. I went shopping instead. Not very MSE, but I couldn't find a hanging basket I liked (the old one won't last another season), so I bought a filled one. It's cheap and cheerful, without the cheap, but it will put a smile on my face every time I come up the front path. Once upon a time, if I did nothing else, I made sure the hanging basket was full of colour. It slipped off my list somehow...I'm glad I remembered today.
    import this
  • Adela31
    Adela31 Posts: 393 Forumite
    didnt do much because of the rain, and himself wanted to go to ikea... which was bank-holiday monday packed! So we didnt even stop, went to DFS instead to investigate what style of sofa to go for. He wont get a sofa bed (in case my mother stops round) and when hearing my mum hates even sitting on a leather sofa (people who read my other posts will know shes a funny old soul) means we will probably get a leather one ;)

The boys want one that spins. When did they become fashionable, the shop was FULL of rotating chairs!
  • teebird
    teebird Posts: 18 Forumite
    thanks for the tip smooky, will use the 3 box idea immediately!
    Happiness is a smile a day and a bad memory.:)
  • teebird
    teebird Posts: 18 Forumite
    so sorry that should have been snookey
    Happiness is a smile a day and a bad memory.:)
  • bearcub
    laurel7172 wrote: »
    So no gardening done today. I went shopping instead. Not very MSE, but I couldn't find a hanging basket I liked (the old one won't last another season), so I bought a filled one. It's cheap and cheerful, without the cheap, but it will put a smile on my face every time I come up the front path.

That's enough reason for buying it then, laurel. We all need something to cheer us sometimes. :)

Adela, I can't think of much worse thant kids spinning round in chairs! :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure