Poundland Bargain Thread -

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Brixton on Sunday.
    Thanks! Wish I'd known before I bought 2 tea rose plants in Lidl today :o
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • VfM4meplse
    I popped into a branch before closing last night and was pleased to see fruit bushes and rose bushes for sale.

I bought 2 rose bushes (in no way the same quality as Lidl's, but I picked the best varieties I could find - large and stunning as opposed to small and prolific) which will be late bloomers to my garden, and raspberry, blackberry and blueberry bushes. Now I just need to plant them in the pots I bought...roll on the weekend. I left £11 lighter but very happy.

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 April 2018 at 11:26AM
    Another nspa item in Argyle Street, Glasgow last night: Moisture Boosting Body Butter 200ml*

*Edit 24th April: Trongate store has this as well.
    0V70L3K.jpg?1
    and I thought these looked interesting - no doubt a knockoff of those Bahlsen Choco Leibniz biscuits - Choco Biscuit
    8bBigg8.jpg?1
    unfortunately I didn't buy them and can't see the weight in grams on the packet, but they're twice the size of the Bahlsen equivalent. Have a few cut-price Easter Eggs to work through, so may buy them next time I'm in!
  • VfM4meplse
    Good finds, LouLou!

• LouLou
    Meant to add this last night: from Trongate, Glasgow - Seven Seas Simply Timeless Omega-3 Fish Oil Plus Cod Liver Oil, Maximum Strength, 30 One-A-Day Capsules
    33709257.jpg
  • LouLou
    From Trongate, Glasgow earlier, Kilner 0.54L Handled Jar 2935127.jpg
    Saw these on Monday in the same store but not sure if they're still there (didn't get to look at the Toys section earlier) Hot Wheels: Guardians Of The Galaxy and Minecraft versions
    33741227.jpg
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Family Size 750ml jars of Dolmio Original, £1.

Not short dated either, May 2019!
  • redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,297 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    The choco biscuits above are delicious but there are only 12 biscuits in total in the 2 packets - sorry have recycled the packet so can't remember the weight.
  • lily117
    lily117 Posts: 610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Huggies baby wipes 50p a pack in Swansea store.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    redagila wrote: »
    The choco biscuits above are delicious but there are only 12 biscuits in total in the 2 packets - sorry have recycled the packet so can't remember the weight.

168g, as against 125g for the genuine Bahlsen and the Aldi/Lidl clones.

These, unlike the Aldi/Lidl clones aren't identical to the Bahlsen ones. Similar, but not the same. The genuine ones are on offer at Waitrose occasionally (now in fact) at £1.55 for two packs - very slightly more per 100g but rather better.

The Lidl ones are always 75p - much the same price per 100g as the Poundland ones, but again better, because they're clearly identical to (and made by) Bahslen.

Too much research here! :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure