Question about P.O. Online Saver Application

Hi everyone,

Can anyone advise how long it took for the account to be opened please?

My partner and I applied for sole accounts on Sunday and we both got an automated response advising they need to perform account opening checks.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• MrsWenger
    MrsWenger Posts: 360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I can now answer my own question in the hope it may help anyone going through this process.

We both received an email late last night advising that the account is open but the initial deposit has not been made.

There are instructions on how to do this but no information about how we get login details.

I am sure it would not be difficult to include useful information in one email or on the website.

It reminds me of an olden style !!!8220;job creation!!!8221; process where many people did what one person could easily do!

The waiting continues...
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    MrsWenger wrote: »
    There are instructions on how to do this but no information about how we get login details.

You should get a number of letters arriving in the post in the next few days. One will give your login ID, another will have a six digit security number, you'll need both before you can get online.

Good luck ;)
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2018 at 5:00PM
    I can now answer my own question in the hope it may help anyone going through this process.

We both received an email late last night advising that the account is open but the initial deposit has not been made.

I am sure it would not be difficult to include useful information in one email or on the website.

It reminds me of an olden style !!!8220;job creation!!!8221; process where many people did what one person could easily do!

The waiting continues...

And will continue once you can access the account, deposit took 36 hours and withdrawal took 24 hours unlike others who use faster processing. Personally I opened another account with Tesco same saving rate but much quicker all round.
  • This happened to me too and I phone them up and was given the details over the phone
  • MrsWenger
    EachPenny wrote: »
    You should get a number of letters arriving in the post in the next few days. One will give your login ID, another will have a six digit security number, you'll need both before you can get online.

Good luck ;)

Thank you very much for the information and for the good wishes EachPenny :)
  • MrsWenger
    Inner_Zone wrote: »
    And will continue once you can access the account, deposit took 36 hours and withdrawal took 24 hours unlike others who use faster processing. Personally I opened another account with Tesco same saving rate but much quicker all round.

Thanks for the information Inner Zone.

If you are familiar with another commonly discussed topic on the forum you will understand why this is a necessary option for us...
  • MrsWenger
    This happened to me too and I phone them up and was given the details over the phone

Thanks for sharing this Sparkiemalarkie, I appreciate it.
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Thanks for the information Inner Zone.

If you are familiar with another commonly discussed topic on the forum you will understand why this is a necessary option for us...

Care to supply a link?
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite

The speed of deposits depends on how you make them. By faster payment or standing order they are same day, debit card next working day and direct debit 3 working days (except for the first payment which needs to have 10 days notice before it can be taken). Don't know what method you use for 36 hours?
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • MrsWenger
    Care to supply a link?

Let’s just say Tesco was not going to provide me with the solution for my requirement :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure