Pension contributions and CMS

Hi, do any NRP on here pay pension contributions via salary sacrifice? And is your pension contribution taken into account when the CMS calculate the payment to the PWC? I'm getting contradictory advice including from the CMS. I used to pay my pension by salary sacrifice but when my case transfered from the CSA to CMS 2years ago my payments shot up by £200/month because my pension payments via salary sacrifice weren't taken into account. ANyone had similar experience?

Comments

• CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    This looks like you've diverted your income to reduce your maintenance liability so they've done a variation. Legitimate pension schemes are usually taken into account when they calculate child maintenance, but if they've increased your payments by £200 a month you must have sacrificed a lot of cash. Your children won't be financially dependent on you for all of their life, you have plenty of time to save up for a pension once they are no longer reliant upon you.
  • Salary sacrifice pension contributions should already be deducted from the figure provided by HMRC as they look at taxable pay.

When was the last time the CSA reviewed your income?

Do you receive any taxable benefits from employment, like a company car?

When you look at the figure they are using, does it match your p60 (+p11d if applicable) for the same tax year?
    I often use a tablet to post, so sometimes my posts will have random letters inserted, or entirely the wrong word if autocorrect is trying to wind me up. Hopefully you'll still know what I mean.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure