Is a SkyQ self setup possible?

124»

Comments

• misterbarlow
    misterbarlow Posts: 466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 October 2018 at 9:55AM
    duchy wrote: »
    Awful lot of effort when the current new customer deal is £20 set up and £10 a month for eighteen months for the Entertainment pack.
    Sky are MUCH more on the ball at turning them into bricks than Virgin too.
    (And yes I do work for them )

Still if saving £2.50 a week is worth it to you .......... my time is worth more than that though ....each to their own.

Awful lot of effort???? Really!!
    Five mins on a step ladder that end, five mins on a step ladder my end, and five mins to swap the box.... ooo yeah i was shattered from all that effort!!

And as stated I am not a new customer so that deal is worthless to me, I asked for a Q renewing my contract, and all they would give me was £10pm off my entertainment pack, no Q unless I took out cinema or sports packs!!

If it bricks, it bricks, not like it cost me anything ( apart from a lot of effort lol..)
    Like I said i'll then revert to my old HD box..
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I wonder how long the box will continue to work?
    Why do you care? The point is, it's evidently working now.
    I certainly don't know (and why would I?
    That's quite apparent from your persistent baseless claims that what the OP wanted to do wouldn't work.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Chino wrote: »
    Why do you care?
    I don't care :D
  • If you worked for them you'd know that Entertainment is priced at £20 a month not £10.

And how exactly do you think they'll get a Q box as an existing customer as they generally quote £199 or an additional £12 a month for 18 months?

As you say, just saw an ad on tv saying new or existing cust can have entertainment pack with Q for £32pm (£20+£12)..

I am currently only paying £25pm for Ent pack, line rental and fibre unlimited, so i'd say yes it was worth the effort!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure