PPI on old mortgage

Hi All, i am looking to claim PPI on a mortgage taken out with the now defunct Bristol & West Building Society during the late nineties. I know the BS sold on their debts but have not been able to find the correct company or source to approach. Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction on this.

Groping in the dark on this :(:(

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Most B&W mortgages were arranged via estate agents, advisers and brokers.

Did you use a local branch of B&B or one of the above?

This is the same question I asked yesterday in your other thread on the same subject. BTW, this isnt the PPI forum either. But dont worry about that.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Duplicate threads (with responses)
    here:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74900296

and here:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74903015

No need to spam the board over and over, when you've already been answered.:(
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Hi All, i am looking to claim PPI on a mortgage taken out with the now defunct Bristol & West Building Society during the late nineties. I know the BS sold on their debts but have not been able to find the correct company or source to approach. Can anyone advise or point me in the right direction on this.

Groping in the dark on this :(:(

Thanks in advance.

The Bristol & West Building Society became Bristol & West PLC and was acquired by the Bank of Ireland.

Start here
    https://www.bankofirelanduk.com/help-and-support/ppi/
  • Hello... I am looking to reclaim PPI on a Bristol & West interest only mortgage in the nineties.
    The account was in the name of PV & A Unsworth, 73 Brick Kiln Lane, Shepshed, Nr Loughborough, Leicestershire, Le129ej
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Unsworth wrote: »
    Hello... I am looking to reclaim PPI on a Bristol & West interest only mortgage in the nineties.
    Better be quick, you have less than three hours:eek:

In the meantime, I'd remove that name and address from your post
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I am looking to reclaim PPI on a Bristol & West interest only mortgage in the nineties.

Did you actually have PPI?
    Did B&W sell it to you or did a broker/adviser/estate agent arrange the mortgage?
    Was it actually missold?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport