The London Mint Office - scam?

Comments

• Further to the recent TV advert, I looked into this offer for a free coin.
    I would advise people to be very cautious before giving person details to this private concern - they have a very aggressive sales approach, they are enticing people to buy coins which are £30+ I said I was not interested and asked why not! I received an invoice for a coin not received phoned the enquiry line on 2 occasions no answer, so left a message - no one called me back! Phoned again, however this time opted for payment line option, surprise I actually got to speak to a human, he told me this amount would be removed from my account. His manner was abrupt and aggressive. I asked for a statement to be sent to me - his response ‘do not need to, I have just told you the payments received, check your bank account’ such a bad attitude, in need of a lesson in good customer service is required.
    I made a payment for the postage for the free coun, I was surprised they had my card details stored which I had not given authority to do so - I will be asking for my details to be removed from their database under the GDPR.
  • Help! I received an unsolicited coin from these people this morning, never heard of them, didn't order it, don't know how they got my address and it's addressed to a Mrs. Mi !!

What do I need to do- I've been reading some of these posts about people being chased by debt companies?! Do I just shove it in the postbox marked Return to Sender Not Known at This Address?
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,683 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    LaurenCR wrote: »
    Help! I received an unsolicited coin from these people this morning, never heard of them, didn't order it, don't know how they got my address and it's addressed to a Mrs. Mi !!

What do I need to do- I've been reading some of these posts about people being chased by debt companies?! Do I just shove it in the postbox marked Return to Sender Not Known at This Address?

Just the coin?

No paperwork with it?
  • LaurenCR wrote: »
    Help! I received an unsolicited coin from these people this morning, never heard of them, didn't order it, don't know how they got my address and it's addressed to a Mrs. Mi !!

They didn't get your address. They got Mrs Mi's address. You didn't receive anything from them, she did. Was it signed for? If so, you should have refused it.
  • itswasmeth
    itswasmeth Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 15 May 2018 at 12:15PM
    I have just received a Debt Letter well via email stating that I owe money for a coin that I didn't receive they state it was ordered in Dec 2017 ? and shipped to me on the 28.01.2018 but it never came here it's not the first time they stated that a coin has been delivered and never received it ?? what do i do I've asked them for a claim form as the coin is not here not here I am really worried as getting this Debt email ??
  • maninthestreet
    maninthestreet Posts: 16,127 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    hybernia wrote: »

Though the unwary may be forgiven for thinking they're dealing with an official semi-governmental enterprise -- because that's what the title inevitably leads them to believe -- the London Mint Office is NOT an 'office' and has nothing whatever to do with London's Royal Mint.

The Royal Mint is in Llantrisant, not London:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Llantrisant#The_Royal_Mint
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • Angielahaha
    Angielahaha Posts: 24 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 May 2018 at 7:53PM
    After many conversations by email with LMO, they saying I owe money for a coin I never ordered or received, they eventually sent a coin I did order. This coin was advertised as free with £2.50 postage. Today I received a letter saying I owe £2.50 postage plus £3.95 postage thereby owing £6.45 postage. How does that work????

:think:
  • codger
    codger Posts: 2,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    After many conversations by email with LMO, they saying I owe money for a coin I never ordered or received, they eventually sent a coin I did order. This coin was advertised as free with £2.50 postage. Today I received a letter saying I owe £2.50 postage plus £3.95 postage thereby owing £6.45 postage. How does that work????:think:

It'll work whichever way this outfit wants it to work. Could you not have found a better source from which to buy a coin? This utterly discredited company is only in business because people keep it in business.
  • Angielahaha
    Angielahaha Posts: 24 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I didn!!!8217;t know anything about this company before requesting my free coin with £2.50 postage. It was advertised on TV. Why would I think they were anything but reputable?

http://http://www.freeweddingcoin.co.uk/?utm_source=LMO_HF&utm_medium=Promobox_Banner&utm_campaign=92009712
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback