Electric Ireland Price Increase

Old_Git
Old_Git Posts: 4,744 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Cashback Cashier
Price increase by 13.3% from October https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45301439
"Do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many"

Comments

• ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Re Dragons Den and publicity for "Look after my bills"

Electricity switching service

Don't bother applying

Unfortunately, you cannot use Look After My Bills if you live in Northern Ireland. This is because Northern Ireland has a different system to the rest of the UK, meaning none of the companies that we can switch you to operate in Northern Ireland.
  • Cherryscone
    Cherryscone Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Power NI prices are going up as well
    I am with Electric Ireland on a top up meter
    ~We are all going to hell and guess who Is driving the bus~
    *Norn Iron club Member 294* (Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE Forum Team)
  • donnac2558
    donnac2558 Posts: 3,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I am with Electric Ireland, I use the easy saver card and paid before the meter reading. I like it because I am in credit 99.9% of the time and if ahead too much just do not pay for a few weeks.

Most of the companies put their prices up end of last year or early this year Electric Ireland did not. I received a letter saying no price rise before March this year, and this is the first price rise of 2018.
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Today SSE Airtricity, the province's largest provider of natural gas and its second largest providers of electricity, said it would be increasing the cost of electricity by 18.2%.
  • Anyone know when Electric Ireland will start issuing the longer top up code for the price change?
  • steveymp
    steveymp Posts: 2,797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Eclipser wrote: »
    Anyone know when Electric Ireland will start issuing the longer top up code for the price change?

Don't know about EI but Power NI are 13th September from memory, big top up will be done before that for me :)
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
  • Eclipser
    Eclipser Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    steveymp wrote: »
    Don't know about EI but Power NI are 13th September from memory, big top up will be done before that for me :)

Was thinking the same thing.
    Whats the max credit your allowed to have on your keypad meter?
  • steveymp
    steveymp Posts: 2,797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Eclipser wrote: »
    Was thinking the same thing.
    Whats the max credit your allowed to have on your keypad meter?

Don't know if there is a maximum, the max top up per session is £171 with power NI and a £4 bonus with any over £150.

I usually do £80 a month for the £2 bonus and this helps me build up credit on the meter for such price rises, £150 top up soon will take me to £300 credit, after the 13th I won't top up until empty.
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
  • CL
    CL Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    SSE up 18.2% from 1st October
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I’m with electric Ireland and just got the letter about the price increase. I only switched to them in Feb and they must have been the cheapest at that point. I’m sure I remember being told on the phone that although it was a 12 month contract, I could leave if they put the price up. But I’ve just rang up and apparently not! I’m stuck until Feb, no matter what price they increase to.

The guy on the phone said that the longer top-up codes are already being put out, but I’m not sure if that’s true (he seemed just grumpy about me wanting to top-up before the increase).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure