Morrisons More points offer not honoured

Options
On the Morrisons More app, I had an offer for double points on the next shop.
There were no exclusions regarding amount of spend, type of products purchased or any limitations.
After activating the offer, I made sure to take a screenshot of the offer.
I purchased over £200 worth of Amazon gift cards on Friday and the standard points were added straightaway. My purchase was within the offer dates (18th-24th Nov, Friday was the 22nd).

The promotional/bonus points have not been added, and as it's been more than the 72 hours (5 days actually), I called Morrisons CS this morning.

I was told that promotional points are not awarded for gift card purchases, the Morrisons CS rep was quite blunt and eager to get me off the phone.
I asked for the T&Cs and it states you cannot get More points for gift vouchers, this is what the CS rep was pointing me to.
This did not make sense, as Morrision More points can be collected for gift cards - so are 'gift vouchers' the same thing or are they Morrisons store vouchers which are excluded?

I was told that I couldn't discuss it with anyone else, only escalate it to the CEO. What??!

I'm minded to actually escalate as a formal complaint, unless someone can explain it better than the CS rep. (I took his name, so I can reference it if I do push it further).

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,221 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    SamDude wrote: »
    I purchased over £200 worth of Amazon gift cards on Friday and the standard points were added straightaway. My purchase was within the offer dates (18th-24th Nov, Friday was the 22nd).

The promotional/bonus points have not been added, and as it's been more than the 72 hours (5 days actually), I called Morrisons CS this morning.

I was told that promotional points are not awarded for gift card purchases, the Morrisons CS rep was quite blunt and eager to get me off the phone.
    I asked for the T&Cs and it states you cannot get More points for gift vouchers, this is what the CS rep was pointing me to.
    This did not make sense, as Morrision More points can be collected for gift cards - so are 'gift vouchers' the same thing or are they Morrisons store vouchers which are excluded?

I was told that I couldn't discuss it with anyone else, only escalate it to the CEO. What??!

I'm minded to actually escalate as a formal complaint, unless someone can explain it better than the CS rep. (I took his name, so I can reference it if I do push it further).
    Gift cards are different, they can only be spent / used in a Morries store, so all money /profit goes towards their bottom line
    Vouchers, in your case Amazon, mean money is spent at Amazon, all money goes toward Amazon's bottom line. The only dosh M gets from this is I assume a small commission for selling the vouchers and not profit from you shopping in Morries
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • SamDude
    SamDude Posts: 435 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Thanks Farway. My real question is whether promotional More points should be applied for Amazon (and other non-Morrison) gift cards.

The relevant Morrisons More T&C is:
    2.4 You will not receive More Points on the following products or services: single-use carrier bags, cash back, fireworks, lottery, online games and instant tickets, tobacco, tobacco-related products, prescription medicines and pharmacy services, infant milk or formula, gift vouchers, mobile phone cards, mobile phone vouchers, E top-ups, bonus stamps, postage stamps, saver stamps, photo processing, car park tickets, Dry Cleaning, online delivery charges and vending machines. We may exclude other products from earning More Points at any time at our discretion.
    This is quoted from: https://my.morrisons.com/more/#/terms-and-conditions

So, regular (and promotional) More points are excluded for 'gift vouchers', but not for 'gift cards'.
    As my purchase for £200 Amazon gift cards had the regular More points added, I think they should have the double-points added too. (If they were to use the 'may exclude other products at our discretion' clause to exclude gift cards, then why did they add the original points to my gift card purchase in the first place?)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure