Sky buyout of O2 Broadband

Options

Comments

• deutsch
    deutsch Posts: 398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i only got the £20 credit. do you think sky will give me the £75 if i cheekily call back?
  • Overload
    Overload Posts: 540 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Abit miffed here, just had an email from sky/o2 that I know longer qualify for broadband discount as I don't have a O2 phone number no more (I switched to Tesco mobile last month as they had far better sim only deals than O2 plus I thought that since O2 broadband had been taken over by Sky it wouldn't have mattered if I held an O2 number or not, but apparently it does.)

So basically I'm worse off now as the increase in my broadband cost is greater than any savings I made moving to Tesco mobile. If I had of knew my broadband would have been affected I probably would have kept my number with O2.

To get around this I was thinking of getting an O2 PAYG number and registering it to qualify for the discount again. Does anyone know if this would work?
  • PhilNailerson
    Options
    The O2 £10 Top-up for £5 BB discount is a thing of the past, it doesn't work anymore.
  • Overload
    First Anniversary
    Options
    The O2 £10 Top-up for £5 BB discount is a thing of the past, it doesn't work anymore.

Thanks for letting me know, guess I'm screwed then.

The trouble with most of the broadband packages now is that most of them want you to take a landline deal as well where I'm interested in broadband only, not sure what to do now...
  • Sylvan
    Sylvan Posts: 347 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

I was told by O2 last March that I would no longer have to top up by £10 every 3 months, but I got an email from Sky today, telling me that they checked my account on 14th March and I haven't topped up my O2 phone, so I have until 19th to do it or I won't get the discount on my next bill. (My free 12 months finished on 15th March).
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.
    Money talks, but chocolate SINGS

"I used to be snow white but I drifted" (A seasonal quote from the incomparable Miss West)
  • MMCG_2
    MMCG_2 Posts: 280 Forumite
    Options
    My free O2 broadband came to an end this month and my broadband switched automatically at the weekend to sky. When I phoned sky I was given a 12 month contract, with new hub and a cost of £5 a month reduced from £7.50. The customer services dept then gave me 8 months credit £40, effectively reducing my broadband to £20 for the next year. I do not have my line rental through sky.
    2p or not 2p? That is the question!
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've just recieved a letter from Sky informing my monthly bill is increasing from £7.50 (o2) to £18.29pm - is this correct?

Won't be hanging around long at that rate.
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • Overload
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I mite try registering a PAYG number and see what happens. If that fails I'll try MMCG's tactic and phone Sky up and see what they can offer (mind you I'm no way interested in their TV or phone packages). I actually asked Tesco if they just did a broadband only deal, they do, £21 per month,eh I don't think so.

@ohreally - That is quite a jump, do you still have a O2 mobile number?
  • ohreally
    ohreally Posts: 7,525 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Overload wrote: »
    @ohreally - That is quite a jump, do you still have a O2 mobile number?

Yes.......
    Don’t be a can’t, be a can.
  • Overload
    First Anniversary
    Options
    ohreally wrote: »
    Yes.......

only ask cos I thot you were supposed to still get discount if you had an O2 number, strange....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure