Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • seagulls15
    • By seagulls15 30th Aug 19, 2:31 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 0Thanks
    seagulls15
    Will my company loan automatically come off my redundancy
    • 30th Aug 19, 2:31 PM
    Will my company loan automatically come off my redundancy 30th Aug 19 at 2:31 PM
    Hi
    I was made redundant in June and my employer put the company into liquidation, and we have never had any communication from the director since.
    When I filled out my redundancy claim from the government I was asked a question do you owe your employer any money. I answered yes a 3750 company loan for a car.
    This has never been brought up by the liquidators to date, I was wondering if it would be taken immediately from my government redundancy entitlement.
    Has anybody experienced this?
    Thanks
Page 1
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 31st Aug 19, 6:11 PM
    • 26,221 Posts
    • 13,387 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 31st Aug 19, 6:11 PM
    • 31st Aug 19, 6:11 PM
    I don't know for certain but as the company will not be paying you the redundancy I doubt if they will.
    However expect the liquidators to contact you about the loan at some time as this will form a debt owed to the company.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

253Posts Today

1,993Users online

Martin's Twitter